Private Stock Friday

Is that a 3 pick up Archtop hiding in the background?
psf-9-jpg.11163

Thanks for bringing these to us. Wish photos at specific production points could be included in a portfolio for private stock builds. Oh well, real deal home soon.

Sexy bound f-hole.
Yeah, I said it.
I always wondered about the name F-hole. How did that stick AND be taken seriously? I am a non native at the English language, so maybe there is that, but i alway at least have a tiny grin reading that.

Dirty mind is a joy forever I guess

I always wondered about the name F-hole. How did that stick AND be taken seriously? I am a non native at the English language, so maybe there is that, but i alway at least have a tiny grin reading that.

Look at the one here on the right - an old school way to write the letter f (lower case):
F_with_hook_and_Florin.svg

Look at the one here on the right - an old school way to write the letter f (lower case):
F_with_hook_and_Florin.svg
Ohh, I know that part ;-). I was just wondering why that name stuck. More of a cultural thing than ethomologic.

Actually in Holland, before the €, we had the "Gulden", that was indicated by that same f, because in the past we had the "florijn" that was succeeded by the gulden. I have written that f iften in my young days. Now we have that crappy euro :p

That’s a great question. I deep a deep search online and found several theories but I could not find a definitive answer. It’ll be interesting to follow this thread to see if someone knows or finds the answer.

Back