Private Stock Friday

See... that's why I asked, I knew someone may know. I've never even heard of ocean mist glow!
OMG is my avatar, a PS P245T

5150-C47-C-1-AE3-449-A-AB11-09-E6-EC9-BD90-A.jpg

The PSF picture looks like Blue Fade Glow (now just Blue Glow?) with a smoke burst. Notice the colors are much darker than mine.

AECAEC29-5623-42CA-B57B-9327D630B286.jpg

Direct sunlight (don’t worry, no fading occurred LOL)
164-FE635-60-BD-41-FA-8134-C6-A0-BE6-EF3-C1.jpg

What's funny is. My dealer has been great, answers every question quickly... except when it comes to color. I've asked twice now, and included pictures. Crickets! Lol

That would typically require them to check w/ PRS which takes time. Most dealers are clueless and just forward the spec sheet/questions to PRS, that does take time.

My only advice is not to try to aim for a very specific look/color e.g. "I'd like a guitar a guitar that looks like this color-wise, stain pattern-wise, and figuring-wise". It'll hardly even look close, especially with some of the more variable-looking colors (aqua violet), and you'll be setting up yourself for disappointment. Been there.

Don't be surprised Ocean Mist Glow on the PS Friday pic looks way different than @WA Paul 's pictures; it could also have been Aqua glow instead... you just never know when it comes to blues here.
That is how my MEV Aqua Violet glow looked with PS Friday's official pics. I'm surprised you could at least see the purples in there:
psf-8-jpg.9618

In person it looked more like this:
TeVw368.jpg

That ocean mist is gorgeous, but its not the color I'm after. The PS Friday post of @docteurseb is what I want it to look like, not so much as the pic you posed in the leather chair.

BTW, my dealer thinks that these restrictions on what PS will and will not do is a permanent change, not just temporary until things settle.

Seems I started some discussion. FWIW my dealer put me in touch directly with PRS Europe to talk the build over. He also felt like the thinner CU24 body was what was likely to be the problem, so he has emailed asking if a thicker body will make it possible.

I'm actually a custom knife maker, I'm well aware of what goes into any kind of custom item. Some times I have turned down a project simply because it will take so much time away from regular orders that even if I were to be paid in full for all the time I spent on one thing, it would negatively impact my business, so I get the business sense behind slimming down the options available. What has annoyed me about the process is the total lack of any transparency from PRS.

Tell me something isn't possible if you want, but tell me why. How hard would it have been for someone to look at it and email back "not possible, cu24 body isn't thick enough for the routing"?

I love that color and was so close to selecting it (with smoked burst) when I spec'd that MEV.
My crappy old camera doesn’t capture it right - it’s much better in person. If you like tropical water, it’s perfect. Really reminds me of Hapuna Beach on the Big Island.

That would typically require them to check w/ PRS which takes time. Most dealers are clueless and just forward the spec sheet/questions to PRS, that does take time.

My only advice is not to try to aim for a very specific look/color e.g. "I'd like a guitar a guitar that looks like this color-wise, stain pattern-wise, and figuring-wise". It'll hardly even look close, especially with some of the more variable-looking colors (aqua violet), and you'll be setting up yourself for disappointment. Been there.

Don't be surprised Ocean Mist Glow on the PS Friday pic looks way different than @WA Paul 's pictures; it could also have been Aqua glow instead... you just never know when it comes to blues here.
That is how my MEV Aqua Violet glow looked with PS Friday's official pics. I'm surprised you could at least see the purples in there:
psf-8-jpg.9618

In person it looked more like this:
TeVw368.jpg
Iffin' I was all rich like @sergiodeblanc and @bodia , this puppy would be in GLiDE's HoUSe!!!!!!!! aCk!!!

Back