PSF-12.jpg
PSF-13.jpg
PSF-14.jpg
PSF-15.jpg
PSF-17.jpg
PSF-18.jpg
PSF-19.jpg
PSF-22.jpg

I see someone re-used the headstock design I commissioned for my first PS.
Not gonna complain as it is a PRS-owned design at this point, and it's always cool to see it used (the original Nosferatu one that normally comes with the Bats inlays always looked weird/rushed to me).

#1 (still have it):
rVZEqYp.jpg

And #2, which was my MEV in Aqua Violet Glow delivered last October. That one is already gone to a different home (neck fingerboard edges weren't feeling great):

TeVw368.jpg

avzZMZu.jpg
hey I know those guitars!

Some of these look amazing. And yet I tried to order a Private Stock recently. I asked for a Custom 24 with a McCarty 594 control layout, and was told they couldn't do it. Still waiting to hear on why.

Some of these look amazing. And yet I tried to order a Private Stock recently. I asked for a Custom 24 with a McCarty 594 control layout, and was told they couldn't do it. Still waiting to hear on why.
Because the Private Stock team stopped, for now, doing exotic configurations due to the long backlog they have. They must have deemed that saves them time; although in your case that seems a little weird because I think @Moondog Wily has a configuration like that made for NAMM (if so there is no design fee/extra time needed so they don't save anything...)

For the same reason:
- no more custom-designed fingerboard/headstock inlays for the time being; you can still order whatever has already been designed though (walking zombies, bats in flight, owls in flight, birds of a feather, etc...)
- no more custom designed color/stains

Last edited:
. . . I think @Moondog Wily has a configuration like that made for NAMM . . .
No, my PS8762 is a CU24 and has standard CU24 control layout. Instead of a trem it has the two piece bridge and it has 58/15's rather than 85/15's. Only other difference is it is a fat back!! Maybe the normal routing they cut for the control layout in a McCarty 594 would interfere with the trem cut area or vice a versa!!! Or maybe they are saying "Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants, so long as it is black."!

Back