Private Stock Friday

Today’s winner:

That was my pick as well until I viewed that last post with the McCarty 594! @11top , considering how much you know about wood, can you explain what that wood is and how they got it to look like that (grain fill, it came like that from the forrest, fancy painstaking staining, etc.)?
psf-25-jpg.10232

That was my pick as well until I viewed that last post with the McCarty 594! @11top , considering how much you know about wood, can you explain what that wood is and how they got it to look like that (grain fill, it came like that from the forrest, fancy painstaking staining, etc.)?
psf-25-jpg.10232
Looks like some gold leaf going on in there.

psf-25-jpg.10232

Appears to be a nice large maple crotch. Frankly, I’m not sure what (or why o_O) they covered it up with. Maybe the maple was compromised with checking? It is certainly interesting and artistic.

Appears to be a nice large maple crotch. Frankly, I’m not sure what (or why o_O) they covered it up with. Maybe the maple was compromised with checking? It is certainly interesting and artistic.
Thanks for your reply! I think I am going to name it "Rorschach" (even though it is not mine)!! I now have a new addition in the guitars to acquire cornucopia!!! JFC (Jezuz fargin' crotch)!!!!

The reverse-burst multi scale and gold foil 594 are ours - 594 sold in 7 minutes flat! Here is the video to explain it all:

A Museum Quality PRS Private Stock?
I could not agree with Paul more! THIS is what epitomizes private stock!! Thanks so much for your creations and for sharing the in depth look at them and how they happen/sound!!! The second I have money for a deposit on a PS build, I am dialing you up!!!! I already know what they are supposed to look like and when the right wood is found is when they will be built!!!! WOW!!!!!

The reverse-burst multi scale and gold foil 594 are ours - 594 sold in 7 minutes flat! Here is the video to explain it all:

A Museum Quality PRS Private Stock?

I love that there are dealers and folks at PRS that have far better imaginations than me. My tastes tend to be a little more plain but this is a stunning example. Thanks so much for sharing.

I've stayed away form this thread for a while, because I was already trying to avoid GAS for new PRSi, and just browsing Reverb for a particular model was killing me.

I scratched that itch recently (my SC594SH), and thought I'd browse through here again, starting at Christmas 2021 ish.

This has not helped keep my GAS in check in the slightest:

psf-11-jpg.10034

I saw the final product, and I like how it turned out.

But then this shortly thereafter:

psf-15-jpg.10060

Which reminds me so much of this for some reason:

Blackwaterpark.jpg

Shinksma, I could not agree more.
The top one is at Dave's and I have no idea why someone hasn't grabbed it.
Where is the bottom one located?
I love both of these and yes, the GAS is strong.

Back