Private Stock Friday

9jnI7YV.jpg
M8VrH1g.jpg
nlBJ7Ed.jpg
OfqqcZ5

So my buckeye burl lefty 513 got here early last week. I'm seeking opinions on the inlays. They are paintbrush birds in Buckeye. When you look really close you can see how cool they were supposed to be but, and it may be just me, I can't see them at all. Even with these shots here in the middle of the day, I can barely see them. So I'm considering sending it in to get re-fretted and the inlays redone in like abalone or MOP so they pop more. Has anyone else had the same experience using a burled paintbrush inlay against dark fingerboards?

I can also see what you mean, but I think the expenses, time and work to do something different simply won't be worth it (my completely uneducated, naive assumption would be that it would cost you half of what you already paid to fix it). I have no clue how long your order took, or how much it cost, but I think re-ordering & selling this one would be the wisest/cheapest option. Abalone, IMO, would have been the way to go. (I really dig the buckeye binding on the neck! Never seen that before, for sure!)

Yep- I'm considering that heavily, The only issue is that the Headstock Eagle is Paintbrush too. Would the regular bird inlays look weird with a Paintbrush Eagle in the Headstock? I found this Righty- which is what I think I'll do unless PTC can convince me the Paintbrush Birds can pop much better in some sort of bright MOP or something
zpIIK8y.jpg
LVlTWXK.jpg
Although I can see what you are saying about the subtle pop of the burl inlays on your new lefty, I personally would not spend the money to change it! It has it's own appeal and although the inlays on this righty may look better to some, I would learn from the mistake and move on!! Like others have said, it is your happiness that comes first, but I would get to playing the guitar rather than waiting for it to go back and get a new swimsuit for the beauty contest!!! Congrats, good luck and thanks for sharing your incredible creations with us!!!!

I have a quick question: how does the "private stock friday" work?
Precisely, what I ask is: are the photos we see, taken during all the week or only on fridays?
Are the guitars we see here all those built in one week or just some of them?

Precisely, what I ask is: are the photos we see, taken during all the week or only on fridays?
They’re pic taken in progress, not necessarily finished

They’re pic taken in progress, not necessarily finished
lol, yes I can see that some of them are not finished yet, but my question was another: what we see here on friday is the work of a week or of a friday? and also, is it ALL the work of a week/friday or just some of the guitar they built?

lol, yes I can see that some of them are not finished yet, but my question was another: what we see here on friday is the work of a week or of a friday? and also, is it ALL the work of a week/friday or just some of the guitar they built?
I would not guarantee photos are all taken Friday.
For sure, not every guitar worked on during the week is represented.

For the Black Friday Win IMO! PLEASE don't put mixed hardware on this!! All gold is the way I would go (but I would take it any way I could get it)!!!

psf-7-jpg.9781

I’d go for smoked chrome or black hardware if it were mine…..

Is that black swamp ash @Tosca or John Mayer?

…. all them mini toggles…

It’s not mine…

…yet.

Here is your answer with the first post in this thread and, the second post, both by the O.P..

I made a quick swing into the PS area just a few minutes ago to see what the Private Stock guys were up to. Some really amazing instruments under construction.

Rick A. sanding a sweet spalted maple top
IMG_1929.jpg

Eric G. soldering and assembling
IMG_1924.jpg

Rich S. with some sweet inlays. Crummy photo, but cool blue and white inlays.
IMG_1922.jpg

Vampire Rich sanding an outstanding spalt
IMG_1911.jpg

Rick H. applying maple binding to a headstock
IMG_1909.jpg

Awesome inlays
IMG_1920.jpg

I'm going to try to make this a weekly event, so look for more PS in the future! Eric does most of the PS assemblies, but sometimes Len and Scott from PTC chip in and give him a hand. Just as the PS team helps out the PTC when we need a hand.

After the response to this thread, the thread became a classic as predicted by...

Great thread, Shawn. Instant classic? Here's hoping for one of these EVERY Friday!

The pics are random shots taken each week and posted on a Friday. It was simply a way of promoting the forum with eye candy that is associated with quality PRS products. Thus giving us PRS fans a dose of pleasure each week.

Back