Private Stock Friday

psf225-1000-14-jpg.7959

wait, Wait, WAIT!!! What is that?!?!??! Doth mine eyes detect a lefty?!?!?

I haven't seen it carved, can anyone tell me what kind of wood they think that is, b/c I have my suspicions!!!

wait, Wait, WAIT!!! What is that?!?!??! Doth mine eyes detect a lefty?!?!?

I haven't seen it carved, can anyone tell me what kind of wood they think that is, b/c I have my suspicions!!!

Looks like a figured, spalted maple, possibly.

Is that what you wanted to hear?

Looks like a figured, spalted maple, possibly.

Is that what you wanted to hear?

Nope, not what I wanted to hear, tho what I suspected.

Mine's walnut, and everything told me it was too figured and light to be that. I just saw my neck a couple of weeks ago, and it's not often that I see a lefty here, so I have my radar going doubletime!

Nope, not what I wanted to hear, tho what I suspected.

Mine's walnut, and everything told me it was too figured and light to be that. I just saw my neck a couple of weeks ago, and it's not often that I see a lefty here, so I have my radar going doubletime!

Sorry Doug!

That's my spalted maple hollowbody 2 with a roasted curly maple neck (not spoken for yet) : ) ... but picking some more woods for a few more lefties tomorrow, actually.

spalthollowbody.jpg

Ah, very cool. Our builds are very similar, so far the only difference I see is the spalt vs. my walnut. (Which is code for "I'm relatively safe from the temptation of that not being spoken for") :D

Oh, and my number is ~ 300 less than yours?!?!?

When do we get to see the preview for the ones you're picking tomorrow? Are they a wood library run or PS? I've drooled over your site many a time, good to catch you here on the forum!

Hey everyone, before I post my PSF photos I wanted to share a cool video from Chicago Music Exchange. In the video they tell the tale of visiting the PRS factory to select woods from our vault and then demo the guitar they spec'd - a Private Stock Custom 24 one-piece top in Malachite finish.

01.09.20 - PRS - PRSPS7891-19285906 Video-8.jpg

Hey everyone, before I post my PSF photos I wanted to share a cool video from Chicago Music Exchange. In the video they tell the tale of visiting the PRS factory to select woods from our vault and then demo the guitar they spec'd - a Private Stock Custom 24 one-piece top in Malachite finish.

View attachment 7966
Perfect.
I’d trade my CU24 for that.

View attachment 7966

Vina approves this guitar.

Susan_Oliver_as_Vina_as_an_Orion_slave_girl.jpg

View attachment 7966
I've been admiring this beauty ever since it first showed up. It's definitely going to provide inspiration for my eventual PS.

Back