Private Stock Friday

Actually really looking forward to seeing some Silver Sky PS builds to give the guys at Fen*er CS a run for their money.

I'm pretty sure I recall Shawn saying in one of the JM threads that there would be no PS version of the Silver Sky.

I'm pretty sure I recall Shawn saying in one of the JM threads that there would be no PS version of the Silver Sky.

I am not denying that Shawn said this or saying he was lying btw.

That statement may of been more 'no plans right now to do a SS PS' - at least no plans from a PRS perspective but I doubt Shawn would say that a PS SS would never ever be made by the PS team.

That is, I believe, different too from building a Private Stock version for an individual or dealer. They have made PS Mira's for example and if a customer wanted a PS order for a Silver Sky, I don't know if PRS would turn them down. It wouldn't be lying either if PRS don't make one (or a limited run of in-house PS guitars) - like the Graveyard II PRS Private Stock. PRS could say that they won't be making a Private Stock multi-scale guitar for example because the ones that have been made are one-offs for a customer/dealer if that makes sense - I think there is a difference between a factory produced 'general' PS PRS and a commissioned customer built one off Private Stock.

I could be wrong on that - maybe we will see if a 'dealer/customer' wants and tries to commission a PS Silver Sky in the future.

I am not denying that Shawn said this or saying he was lying btw.

That statement may of been more 'no plans right now to do a SS PS' - at least no plans from a PRS perspective but I doubt Shawn would say that a PS SS would never ever be made by the PS team.

That is, I believe, different too from building a Private Stock version for an individual or dealer. They have made PS Mira's for example and if a customer wanted a PS order for a Silver Sky, I don't know if PRS would turn them down. It wouldn't be lying either if PRS don't make one (or a limited run of in-house PS guitars) - like the Graveyard II PRS Private Stock. PRS could say that they won't be making a Private Stock multi-scale guitar for example because the ones that have been made are one-offs for a customer/dealer if that makes sense - I think there is a difference between a factory produced 'general' PS PRS and a commissioned customer built one off Private Stock.

I could be wrong on that - maybe we will see if a 'dealer/customer' wants and tries to commission a PS Silver Sky in the future.

Turns out it wasn't Shawn, it was a dealer. No dice on a SS PS, at least at this time.

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/private-stock-friday.2297/page-492#post-435173

Ok...anyone know @Hunter@PRS paypal address??? I'm seriously going to drop him $100 to get 5 pictures of my PS...C'mon Hunter...find 7980...lol

Thanks again, gunna love my new commute across the bay.

new_model_profile-1500.jpg

Back