Private Stock Friday

Hey folks, I'm not in the office today so I will be bringing you the action (double-dose) on Monday.

everyone together: *booooooooooooooooo*

All good, bro. A double dose of PSF might just be the best cure for a case of the Mondays!

if i was gonna get a private stock. i dont think i'd get too fancy but i think i'd go with these sort of specs

think fancy modern eagle/mccarty.
not sure if trem or stoptail. maybe trem to compliment for 59/09 mcarty stoptail.
blue tortuga finish on quilt maple. 1 piece top if possible.
natural mahogany back.
some sort of pearl birds but maybe a bit aged looking. not straight MOP
indian rosewood neck and fingerboard. still prefer it to brazillian from what i've tried.
wide fat profile if possible. do they still allow those in PS?
big modern eagle type bird on the headstock with normal headstock shape.
would i HAVE to use PRS pickups? only ones i've used were the 53/10s and 59/09s and both were great but i love me some bare knuckle juggernauts. otherwise i'd maybe try the 85/15s or something.
hybrid gold/nickel hardware. rosewood knobs and tuner buttons.
i'd maybe even do a 5 way switch instead of the mccarty knob with push pull pots. i have that on my strandberg and i prefer it to pulling up the tone knob.

that would basically be it. and i'd be a happy camper. that tortuga finish is to die for. and i'd want something thats not too fancy that i'd be too afraid to play it ya know?

I'm guessing that is a NS13 that I keep hearing about but have never seen one. I know Neil Schon owns a few, I think he has a black one and a gold one.
Super killer! Want!
Aeu3dD6.jpg
I saw him playing a red one just like this last night in Chicago although it had the extra switches and sustainer pickup, etc. I wonder if it was this guitar.

if i was gonna get a private stock. i dont think i'd get too fancy but i think i'd go with these sort of specs

think fancy modern eagle/mccarty.
not sure if trem or stoptail. maybe trem to compliment for 59/09 mcarty stoptail.
blue tortuga finish on quilt maple. 1 piece top if possible.
natural mahogany back.
some sort of pearl birds but maybe a bit aged looking. not straight MOP
indian rosewood neck and fingerboard. still prefer it to brazillian from what i've tried.
wide fat profile if possible. do they still allow those in PS?
big modern eagle type bird on the headstock with normal headstock shape.
would i HAVE to use PRS pickups? only ones i've used were the 53/10s and 59/09s and both were great but i love me some bare knuckle juggernauts. otherwise i'd maybe try the 85/15s or something.
hybrid gold/nickel hardware. rosewood knobs and tuner buttons.
i'd maybe even do a 5 way switch instead of the mccarty knob with push pull pots. i have that on my strandberg and i prefer it to pulling up the tone knob.

that would basically be it. and i'd be a happy camper. that tortuga finish is to die for. and i'd want something thats not too fancy that i'd be too afraid to play it ya know?

I love what you chose for the build and sure the excellent team will help you narrow it down
but if I may suggest:
gold lip mother of pearl that would give you the aged look you're aming for and then some, from what i've seen
and I guess they should make the W/F, the dealer will confirm for sure
and if you're not sure about the 5 way switch you can use 2 mini switches like Paul's guitar with a 3 way toggle

I hope that would help

Back