Private Stock Friday

boy, do I know this feeling....

psf61-1000-11-jpg.3943

Heyheyhey, someone probably requested that special, don't rag on it. That's like someone from Dinosaur Jr. or something.
"Peace and love, peace and love". :D

Knowing how good the wood has to be under that green goo, I'm heart-punched. Hoping it's at PTC for a refin.

Hunter: What happens to all the excess solid wood pieces that come off the CNC machines? It's not contaminated with coolant so it would be of good use to all sorts of wood working folks. Highly resonant crokinole biscuits perhaps?

Hunter: What happens to all the excess solid wood pieces that come off the CNC machines? It's not contaminated with coolant so it would be of good use to all sorts of wood working folks. Highly resonant crokinole biscuits perhaps?

There's no coolant when working with wood, AFAIK.

What you're seeing in the overloaded trash bin are the leftovers of the body after a woodshop employee cuts the rough body shape by hand with a bandsaw. That would be the only excess "solid wood" pieces. I believe most of that goes to the trash. However, In Private Stock, a lot of times they will keep the exotic stuff for wooden knobs / back plates / binding & other creative uses further down the road.

What you're seeing in the overloaded trash bin are the leftovers of the body after a woodshop employee cuts the rough body shape by hand with a bandsaw. That would be the only excess "solid wood" pieces. I believe most of that goes to the trash. However, In Private Stock, a lot of times they will keep the exotic stuff for wooden knobs / back plates / binding & other creative uses further down the road.

Thanks for the reply Hunter. Good to know all that "exotic stuff " isn't tossed. I'll take a side order of 12 Koa and 12 Ziricote crokinole biscuits please. lol!

I spent about 20 years in the machining industry, 15 of that as a 3 axis CNC programmer. I really enjoy seeing the processes that all these guitars go through before being ready for sanding and finishing.

Private Stock guitars are the pinnacle of perfection!

Only 4 days till Friday!

Back