Private Stock Friday

One of my bosses had a sign on his desk, similar to this:

Good-Cheap-Fast.jpg

I'm confident that the PS program, by it's nature, sacrifices the FAST option. (Unless you don't want the custom experience, and purchase one a dealer has created.)

Somehow I don't see "We'll finish your wood while you wait" as a viable option...

But, that IS the option. The length of your wait is an undefined variable. THAT is the conundrum...

Usually that implies "while you wait on the premises". PRSG won't let you wait there until it's done. They get a little curious after about 40 minutes, then oddly amused around at around an hour.

At two hours, "oddly" no longer applies to them.

Then the warnings start. By three hours, security shows up. The police shortly thereafter.

Uh, or so I hear.

Usually that implies "while you wait on the premises". PRSG won't let you wait there until it's done. They get a little curious after about 40 minutes, then oddly amused around at around an hour.

At two hours, "oddly" no longer applies to them.

Then the warnings start. By three hours, security shows up. The police shortly thereafter.

Uh, or so I hear.

I was there so long the last time they offered me a job in the gift shop.
They actually let you stay as long as you like...you just have to buy another guitar every couple hours.
Waiting can be painful...but you can't rush good wood.

Thank you, Hunter!

Finally an image!!! It's really happening.

This is the thing I hadn't posted about yet - I did the 20th anniversary birds on the neck AND on the body, like they continue from the neck. The birds on the neck will be stained maple to match the top, and the birds on the top are ebony to match the neck.

There's a volume/tone knob hole missing, but I'm guessing they couldn't CNC that easily.

I'd have to check my original pics, but it looks like the quilt pattern changed a good bit in carving. No complaints - man, does that have some movement!

Thank you, Hunter!

This is the thing I hadn't posted about yet - I did the 20th anniversary birds on the neck AND on the body, like they continue from the neck. The birds on the neck will be stained maple to match the top, and the birds on the top are ebony to match the neck.

There's a volume/tone knob hole missing, but I'm guessing they couldn't CNC that easily.

I'd have to check my original pics, but it looks like the quilt pattern changed a good bit in carving. No complaints - man, does that have some movement!

Tasty Alan!

Love the way the birds continue onto the body. Classy!

Thank you, Hunter!

SO COOL!

Thank you, Hunter!

20th Body Birds is COMPLETELY SICK.

Thank you, Hunter!

Bravo man, Brav F'n O!

img_0014-jpg.3682

This actually looks super classy too! is that real gold? haha, that would be over the top. it's like it should be in someone's wedding or something. Great pics as always Hunter, Thank you!

Last edited:
Back