Private Stock Friday

i need to make it a point to get a private stock one day. i played a PS custom 22 not that long ago. first PS i've ever played. it was great it was used at a local guitar center. i took a couple pics of it.

Ka9igru.jpg

F66Deyv.jpg

on average, how long does it take from the day of ordering til the day a private stock is finished?

Too #$@%@#^**&@) long! :eek:

I think my quote was about 5 months, but that was just an estimate. All depends on what's going through, I guess, so if 11top or Markie get there before you...

Too #$@%@#^**&@) long! :eek:

I think my quote was about 5 months, but that was just an estimate. All depends on what's going through, I guess, so if 11top or Markie get there before you...

5 months isnt that bad. as long as you have some lovely guitars to play with until it arrives. i just waited 7 months for a custom build from a luthier in the UK. definitely a while. but i've seen some places take up to a year.

Kim Walker has a 7-8 year waiting list for his acoustic guitars. 5 months is nothing by comparison.

on average, how long does it take from the day of ordering til the day a private stock is finished?
My experiences are similar to Alan's...they usually give an estimate around 4-6 months, and have been pretty close in my experience. It's pretty amazing actually considering the detail of the work and number of instruments they are producing in Private Stock. They were quicker than custom builds I've done with several other builders (Suhr, Anderson, Fender, JET, Fano, Parker).

It's been a week since NAMM...

Has all the dust settled back in Stevensville?

Will Hunter grace us with another stunning installment of Private Stock Friday???

The suspense is almost unbearable...:eek:

5 months isnt that bad. as long as you have some lovely guitars to play with until it arrives. i just waited 7 months for a custom build from a luthier in the UK. definitely a while. but i've seen some places take up to a year.

Kim Walker has a 7-8 year waiting list for his acoustic guitars. 5 months is nothing by comparison.

My experiences are similar to Alan's...they usually give an estimate around 4-6 months, and have been pretty close in my experience. It's pretty amazing actually considering the detail of the work and number of instruments they are producing in Private Stock. They were quicker than custom builds I've done with several other builders (Suhr, Anderson, Fender, JET, Fano, Parker).

I'm not complaining that 5 months is too long. ANY amount of time is too long. JustRob told me he was kind of surprised at how painful the wait is, even though you know it going in.

And the worst part of it is probably going to be that interminable time between when I get the shipped notice until the truck pulls up.

JustRob told me he was kind of surprised at how painful the wait is, even though you know it going in.

I hate to say it but I've been through every emotion. I've been excited, especially when PSF rolls around, and crestfallen to see nothing, and I've blocked it from my mind to the point that I've been unsure if I remembered my PS# correctly. I see guitars on this thread and think all the decisions I made were wrong. I guess it's because it's my 1st. Maybe if I went to the vault every 3 to 6 months to start one it wouldn't be so bad....:)

Back