Private Stock Friday

Koa is my wood of choice but everything coming out of the Private Stock area is stunning.

Thank for the link Rob. This is one more reason to celebrate TGIF or should I say TGIPSF.

View attachment 3538

Last edited:
Is that Tim Mahoney's new guitar as your profile pic? I saw that one up close at one of their shows this summer, it's stunning!

Koa is my wood of choice but everything coming out of the Private Stock area is stunning.

Thank for the link Rob. This is one more reason to celebrate TGIF or should I say TGIPSF.

View attachment 3538

Is that Tim Mahoney's new guitar as your profile pic? I saw that one up close at one of their shows this summer, it's stunning!

Sure is! I've been a fan of 311 for many years now. Their concerts are so full of energy and it's a real buzz to see everyone grooving to the band.

Tim is such an under-rated guitarist. He has an amazing variety of styles in his arsenal. When I saw his new PRS on the 311 Facebook page, that easily became my favorite guitar of all time.

I thought it only fitting to have a 311 inspired forum name and an avatar of Tim's guitar.

Last edited:
Happy Friday all!

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

and a few from last week I had to hold on to because the PS 20th Anniversary model hadn't been released yet!

IMG_8919.jpg

IMG_8923.jpg

IMG_8931.jpg

IMG_8957.jpg

IMG_8958.jpg

wow another amazing combo here! Thanks Hunter and Happy Friday to you too!
attachment.php

Hunter - any info on why the 24.6" scale on the PS 20th Anniversary?

I'm going to wildly speculate and say it's because that's what most Les Pauls made in the classic era are measured to have had. Just a guess, of course. ;)

Here's what an article in Guitar Player had to say about scale length (http://www.guitarplayer.com/miscellaneous/1139/5-things-about-scale-length/13523):

"The inherent tonal character of different scale lengths is the main reason that it’s very difficult to “fake” one major maker’s tone with the guitar of another. Since Gibson largely uses the 24.75" (actually closer to 24.6") and Fender 25.5", we tend to associate these “sounds” with those classic makers."

Last edited:
Hunter......Thanks for another great installment of Private Stock Friday! It's no wonder we're approaching 860,000 views on this legendary thread!!! :congrats::congrats::congrats:

Keep up the great work pal! You are much appreciated!!

A newby question... how do you insert a photo? It asks for a URL instead of a file location on your computer.

Back