Private Stock Friday

Don't be dissatisfied. I'm fortunate enough to have a few PS guitars. They are amazing for sure. But I've also got a number of non-PS guitars that are every bit as good sounding and playing. In fact, my goto guitar for so many things cost about 1/4th as much as any of my PS guitars and it is 100% as good as any of them - it just ain't anywhere near as nice looking :)

Thanks Tim. I stay grounded in knowing that if I do get a PS, I'll be back on this thread afterwards wanting something else. That, and the fact that I do love the cores I have.

Thanks
Hunter for another great PSF! :top:

attachment.php
attachment.php

The Private Stock Team never ceases to amaze me!! :congrats:

Always amazing stuff here.

I'm going to query again: Why isn't there a big, glossy, coffee table sized book titled something like "PRS….The Art of Private Stock" being produced? Fill it with pictures like those and it'll sell like crazy, plus, it'd make it easy for anyone looking for a gift for a guitarist!

That Aqua Violet neck does indeed warrant another look for the whole guitar.

But what is going on with that neck being shaved by hand with a chisel? Wouldn't the CNC get that done? Is that typical? Looks like a very contoured neck heel straight into a matching contoured body...

EDIT: Solteroblues is thinking the same as me...

Most definitely a bass.

You guys see this yet? Just posted an hour or two ago on our Facebook/Twitter/Instagram.

We call it "Birds of a feather" and it has a half Ebony / half Koa construction. People seem to be digging it and I thought you might as well!

See the rest of the photos here: http://goo.gl/ST0cKC

View attachment 2951

That is flat-out the most dramatic thing PRS has ever done with a fingerboard. And I've been watching for a long, long time..!

Back