Private Stock Friday

This one is gorgeous!

attachment.php

And - I'm not a big fan of some of the fades, but the sandstorm fade (like on the recent Paul's Guitars) looks pretty nice. That color and this wood - Whoa!

attachment.php

attachment.php

That's my favorite this week. The finish is insane. Is that Dragon's breath?

"Dragon's Breath" is a stain style not a color. It's the kind that looks like a boat wake through the center of the guitar. I didn't understand all of the different colors called "Dragon's Breath" so I asked Paul Miles to clarify.

Any chance to see the full fretboard and neck of this one (third one down in your thread)?

"I bet that one is Steve's" was the very first thing that crossed my mind when I saw that. The first thing after "Wow", I should say.

"I bet that one is Steve's" was the very first thing that crossed my mind when I saw that. The first thing after "Wow", I should say.

Daniel:
I'm pretty sure it is. I'm anxious to see the full fretboard because it has a "twist" to the inlay that hasn't been done before. Also, it has a cocobolo neck that I'm anxious to see.

Please forgive the blue hew cast by the fluorescent lights.

View attachment 212
View attachment 213

FORGIVEN!!!

Oh man, I made a little noise when this popped up today.... unlike the anticipation on Fridays, this one was a shock!!

Thanks Man!!! It is so awesome to watch the evolution over this thread..... from a block of wood,,,, to sanded body..... to stain.... and now to gloss!!! Fantastic!!

This installment is proof positive that a gloss really makes a top pop!!!

Big Thanks!!

^ I about shat myself when that was shown to Tim at NAMM (who happened to be rooming with me). Tried to convince him the rest of the week that he didn't really want that (ulterior motive admitted).
This was the response I got: :laugh:

Tim, that is going to be stellar!!!!!!! You rawk! :rock:

Last edited:
Back