Private Stock Friday

9jnI7YV.jpg
M8VrH1g.jpg
nlBJ7Ed.jpg
OfqqcZ5

So my buckeye burl lefty 513 got here early last week. I'm seeking opinions on the inlays. They are paintbrush birds in Buckeye. When you look really close you can see how cool they were supposed to be but, and it may be just me, I can't see them at all. Even with these shots here in the middle of the day, I can barely see them. So I'm considering sending it in to get re-fretted and the inlays redone in like abalone or MOP so they pop more. Has anyone else had the same experience using a burled paintbrush inlay against dark fingerboards?

OfqqcZ5

So my buckeye burl lefty 513 got here early last week. I'm seeking opinions on the inlays. They are paintbrush birds in Buckeye. When you look really close you can see how cool they were supposed to be but, and it may be just me, I can't see them at all. Even with these shots here in the middle of the day, I can barely see them. So I'm considering sending it in to get re-fretted and the inlays redone in like abalone or MOP so they pop more. Has anyone else had the same experience using a burled paintbrush inlay against dark fingerboards?

i think its the first time i see brushstrokes inlays in burled eye but according to me the brushstrokes are made to be more subtil than usual birds.
That said i think it fits your guitar perfectly, its great in a dark woody spirit and i love it that way (and i may be wrong but i advise you not to change them in mop or abalone brushstroke , if i had to change them to see them betteri would go with the usual birds in burl with a MOP outline)

Lefties: I want a HBII, and I really don't want to blend into the crowd.

Paul and Paul: I got you fam

psf-1-jpg.9741

Is this an announcement Doug?:D

9jnI7YV.jpg
M8VrH1g.jpg
nlBJ7Ed.jpg
OfqqcZ5

I think they’re beautiful.

But you have to be happy.

9jnI7YV.jpg
M8VrH1g.jpg
nlBJ7Ed.jpg
OfqqcZ5

I can see that ultra-cool first fret dot pretty clearly.:D

i think its the first time i see brushstrokes inlays in burled eye but according to me the brushstrokes are made to be more subtil than usual birds.
That said i think it fits your guitar perfectly, its great in a dark woody spirit and i love it that way (and i may be wrong but i advise you not to change them in mop or abalone brushstroke , if i had to change them to see them betteri would go with the usual birds in burl with a MOP outline)
Yep- I'm considering that heavily, The only issue is that the Headstock Eagle is Paintbrush too. Would the regular bird inlays look weird with a Paintbrush Eagle in the Headstock? I found this Righty- which is what I think I'll do unless PTC can convince me the Paintbrush Birds can pop much better in some sort of bright MOP or something
zpIIK8y.jpg
LVlTWXK.jpg

Last edited:
Yep- I'm considering that heavily, The only issue is that the Headstock Eagle is Paintbrush too. Would the regular bird inlays look weird with a Paintbrush Eagle in the Headstock? I found this Righty- which is what I think I'll do unless PTC can convince me the Paintbrush Birds can pop much better in some sort of bright MOP or something
zpIIK8y.jpg
LVlTWXK.jpg
Dude, I’m into subtlety. Loving the birds already on the guitar!

I had burl binding with black dots, and a similar problem… not enough contrast. Never realized how much I rely on the side dots. Have them being swapped out for a brighter/lighter material

Back