Private Stock Friday

What model is the last one… the semi-hollow with the black pick guard? What is the neck pickup? I have never seen that on a PRS before. And the hardware? What a gorgeous guitar!

What model is the last one… the semi-hollow with the black pick guard? What is the neck pickup? I have never seen that on a PRS before. And the hardware? What a gorgeous guitar!

It’s a Vela. The S2 version comes with a type D single coil in the neck position, looks similar to that.

If you haven’t already, go back two or three weeks and see the spectacular job they did with the inlaid scratchplate, that looks like Ebony.

Yup, I saw that inlaid plate. What a beauty this guitar turned out to be. I don’t know anything about velas. Looks like a thin body? Or is that just my eyes playing tricks on me? In any event, this guitar just all goes together SO well.

Yup, I saw that inlaid plate. What a beauty this guitar turned out to be. I don’t know anything about velas. Looks like a thin body? Or is that just my eyes playing tricks on me? In any event, this guitar just all goes together SO well.

There’s a Vela thread on here, started I think by @Aahzz he could maybe chime in.

Thread is called Dang Velas

Last edited:

Velas are indeed pretty thin bodied - nicely light weight. I have 2, one solid and one semi-hollow, and both weigh in at an even 6 pounds. I'd LOVE to get my hands on that Private Stock Vela, but in the meantime the regular S2 Velas are utterly magical.

psf-13-jpg.9525
Oh sweet baby Ray’s! I missed the Vela Supreme. *drool*

Sure wish that glow in the dark would show up in my Halloween bucket!!! And I will have to figure out how/if I can acquire that burled Hollowbody! Yummy! Those tuner buttons look just like the ones @docteurseb made for my McCarty 594 HBII. I have not posted pix of his excellent work yet, but will soon!!! Thanks as usual Mr. Mikko for keeping our appetites on high alert!!!

Ah, I see someone went downstairs to grab a maple top from the figured/non10-top production line:

psf-8-jpg.9557

Joking aside, I could see why someone would want a more 'low key' top, even for a PS build.

Back