Private Stock Friday

Neck through? Really? Never saw that coming....

Its “faux” neck through. I’m hoping it will act as a sort of tone block like on a Fodera.

Yes, double F hole roasted maple topped direct mount HSH “special” style Santana. My sales guy Scott’s idea. Never could have come up with something like this myself!!

Its “faux” neck through. I’m hoping it will act as a sort of tone block like on a Fodera.

Yes, double F hole roasted maple topped direct mount HSH “special” style Santana. My sales guy Scott’s idea. Never could have come up with something like this myself!!
I thought it was probably you.
I’m interested enough to craft the Terror Tour around it.

Last edited:

I might wanna put my name on that!

Ooh people lining up! Getting exciting!!

(I’m not even going mention the policy that shall not be named!)

A cage match royal rumble to decide who gets it.

latest

Maybe I am boring, but I really love that 594 Violet Burst and natural back. Straight line flames are so appealing to me.

Hello all,

I just signed up, first time poster. First time Private Stock customer from Australia with a question. Hopefully this is an appropriate area to post.

This is what I emailed to PRS customer service several weeks ago but have yet to hear a response. I would like to know what your experiences have been in regards to the following.

Hello,

I have just put a deposit down for a custom PRS Private Stock guitar.

I would like to know how international (Australian) customers such as myself go about conducting the wood selections.

This is one of the main selling points of Private Stock and our Australian importer “Electric Factory” has suggested to me that this process no longer exists at PRS.

I suggested to them that they were incorrect and sent them the latest PRS Private Stock video on YouTube where Paul Miles clearly states that the process is different from a regular PRS experience as you can select your own woods from the vault to make your dream guitar.

Can you please shed some light on the issue at your earliest convenience. I look forward to selecting the woods for my custom PRS.

Thank you kindly

They did however email me 3 tops to choose from which was of great importance to me, but there has been no word on other timber selections or photos.

Thanks for your time guys.

Matt

Hello all,

I just signed up, first time poster. First time Private Stock customer from Australia with a question. Hopefully this is an appropriate area to post.

This is what I emailed to PRS customer service several weeks ago but have yet to hear a response. I would like to know what your experiences have been in regards to the following.

Hello,

I have just put a deposit down for a custom PRS Private Stock guitar.

I would like to know how international (Australian) customers such as myself go about conducting the wood selections.

This is one of the main selling points of Private Stock and our Australian importer “Electric Factory” has suggested to me that this process no longer exists at PRS.

I suggested to them that they were incorrect and sent them the latest PRS Private Stock video on YouTube where Paul Miles clearly states that the process is different from a regular PRS experience as you can select your own woods from the vault to make your dream guitar.

Can you please shed some light on the issue at your earliest convenience. I look forward to selecting the woods for my custom PRS.

Thank you kindly

They did however email me 3 tops to choose from which was of great importance to me, but there has been no word on other timber selections or photos.

Thanks for your time guys.

Matt

My understanding is that the in-person visits to the vault are still suspended due to the pandemic. In the past, they have done wood selection via video chats, but I don’t know if that’s at the dealer’s discretion or at PRSG’s discretion.

Your best bet is to work w/the dealer to arrange this stuff - the dealers are who PRSG work with. When I did my build a few years ago, there were a couple questions afterwards (some from me, some from PRSG), and all communication was through the dealer. The only times I communicated directly w/anyone at PRSG was during my vault visit and at Experience some months later (and about two months after I got the guitar).

My understanding is that the in-person visits to the vault are still suspended due to the pandemic. In the past, they have done wood selection via video chats, but I don’t know if that’s at the dealer’s discretion or at PRSG’s discretion.

Your best bet is to work w/the dealer to arrange this stuff - the dealers are who PRSG work with. When I did my build a few years ago, there were a couple questions afterwards (some from me, some from PRSG), and all communication was through the dealer. The only times I communicated directly w/anyone at PRSG was during my vault visit and at Experience some months later (and about two months after I got the guitar).

Hey,

Thanks for the quick reply. The video chat is the way I thought it would happen but apparently that is not the case. As I said, they did send through 3 tops for me to choose from and luckily one of them is exactly what I was hoping for (my avatar).

My dealer wanted to get an answer to see if there is a standard method for international dealers or if PRS have changed the way they do things and no longer allow customers the choice of specific tops, instead only going off the order sheet for the build.

If anyone of the good people at PRS have a definitive answer that would be much appreciated. Either way, I very much look forward to my custom PS order.

Thank you

Update for those interested.
An email from PRS.

"Hi Matthew,

Thank you for writing PRS Guitars. Currently we have the Private Stock process set up virtually, including wood selection, via the dealer. A completed Private Stock order sheet along with the PS number would be required to start the process. If a customer were to find something different during wood selection we would allow for changes which would be done through the dealer. Your dealer can be in direct contact with their sales rep to make arrangements. I hope you find this information helpful."

I will take this up with my dealer as suggested earlier.

Thanks

Just catching up...#$%^&*#$%^&*!!!!!!!!!
The neck-thru Santana...
The Quilty Blue water (s)...
The Pink from last week...
Double necks...
Inlaid Vela guard...
Just, Holy crap!!!!!

Back