Private Stock Friday

Now, that’s just cool!

dsc09712-jpg.9140
Wow that is a great Mashup! I wonder what the scale length is?

So I've finally received my PS Lefty McCarty 594 Soapbar and I'm absolutely blown away! "Aesthetic Arrest" has def been achieved. As I say in the video, this was my first PS experience where I took my own concept and built it from start to finish. It took over 2 years but it was so worth it. It was also killing me to see it featured in the Private Stock film a few weeks ago and then to see these pics as that was the first time I'd seen her completed!

Congratulations Chris!!! That is one helluva piece!

When I first viewed a picture of that beauty a few weeks ago, I was taken aback because just days before, I was thinking that when I order a PS, I will want them to use wood cut out of the top for the pick up covers. And then I see yours and was like "Yes, like that". Are you aware of whether the pick up covers on yours were cut from the top wood itself of were they cut from a different piece of similar wood?

Thanks for sharing your lovely new work of art!

Cheers!
MW

Congratulations Chris!!! That is one helluva piece!

When I first viewed a picture of that beauty a few weeks ago, I was taken aback because just days before, I was thinking that when I order a PS, I will want them to use wood cut out of the top for the pick up covers. And then I see yours and was like "Yes, like that". Are you aware of whether the pick up covers on yours were cut from the top wood itself of were they cut from a different piece of similar wood?

Thanks for sharing your lovely new work of art!

Cheers!
MW
Thanks for the compliments. Yes the pickup covers were used from the same piece of burled maple top wood I picked out. Let me say too that these P90s sound absolutely amazing! I've never had a guitar with P90s but was very familiar with that Gibson LP Gold Top P90 sound and I def got that but way more. The glassy/twinkly sound that you expect from a P90 is that on steroids but I was shocked at how much growl and low end they have too. The reason I'm telling you this is that I had seen a few posts where people were suggesting that somehow finishing the pickups effects the sound as a negative. While I wouldn't know the difference with respect to P90s, if the wood covers do effect the sound, they do in the most amazing of ways.

Thanks for the compliments. Yes the pickup covers were used from the same piece of burled maple top wood I picked out. Let me say too that these P90s sound absolutely amazing! I've never had a guitar with P90s but was very familiar with that Gibson LP Gold Top P90 sound and I def got that but way more. The glassy/twinkly sound that you expect from a P90 is that on steroids but I was shocked at how much growl and low end they have too. The reason I'm telling you this is that I had seen a few posts where people were suggesting that somehow finishing the pickups effects the sound as a negative. While I wouldn't know the difference with respect to P90s, if the wood covers do effect the sound, they do in the most amazing of ways.
Awesome Chris! Good to know. I too have read about the negative affects of the wood pup coverings, and it is a joy to hear that you are happy with the sound with those covers. Congrats again on a great build/design/acquisition!!! Truly a jaw dropping example!

Happy pickin'!
MW

Back