Private Stock Friday

Only thing missing is that wonderful Santana Collection Series!
This one? Wish it was mine!

5_EA6_AC5_B-_DB6_E-4865-_AAB2-3_AD1_C2_C916_FA.jpg

That amazing guitar that you refer to was not a Collection Series run, but a one-off guitar made with Collection Series specs like the pernambuco neck and celtic knots, under a very small spin-off covert programme for dealers that carried Collection guitars, if I remember correctly. By then PRS had already reserved pernambuco and celtic exclusively for Collection runs, so these spin-off guitars were really one-offs even within private stock.

WA Paul has an amazing aquamarine P-22 from the same programme with similar specs except that his celtic knots are gold.

But good point though! Perhaps PRS should launch a Collection Santana run, hint hint to Paul.....;););)
Thanks for the kind words!
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Gold etched Eagle
image.jpg

image.jpg

Just stumbled on this recent arrival.
A bit too much for me, but what an impeccable and stunning guitar:
0292920-1.jpg

0292920-8.jpg

They also had a sub-zero dragon breath couple weeks ago:
0292919-1.jpg

0292919-8.jpg

The tops aren't too bad looking either :p
I’m struggling to find any gaps between the inlays blocks. Amazing precision.

I’m struggling to find any gaps between the inlays blocks. Amazing precision.
Those CNCs are wonderful ;-)

I was wondering how they managed to stain the sky without it spilling at all onto the wood (koa?) used for the sand/ground.

Those CNCs are wonderful ;-)

I was wondering how they managed to stain the sky without it spilling at all onto the wood (koa?) used for the sand/ground.
The quilted maple must have been stained separately I suppose before being fitted on. Probably trial fitted before staining..

Back