Private Stock Friday

Unless Hunter has some photos saved on his phone, I don't think we'll have PSF today. So, here's your chance to shine, post pics of your PRS (Private Stock or otherwise). Bonus points for nicely photographed guitars. No bonus points for me, but I'll kick it off anyway.

Stay safe friends and we'll get through this.

employee.jpg

Sort of wish I’d done a micro burst on mine. What’s the color called? What pickups? Absolute beauty!
Ya...I really like how the micro-burst "frames" the top, and it had to stop where the body / neck met; I don't understand when the edge bursts come back along the neck / body joint.

Officially the color got recorded as a Triple Faded Indigo w/ micro-burst, but the color itself was tweeked to some extent to the get the hue I was after.

For p'ups I went with a 57/08 in the neck and a 59/09 in the bridge.

I can share some pics of my “Earth Goddess” series of three private stocks I spec’d over the last 2 years. The idea was to do three natural tops in my three favorite exotic woods (Cocobolo, Spalted Maple and flamed koa)...all with semi/hollow body construction (with 0, 1 and 2 f-holes respectively), all with Brazilian necks, different FBs but all with Koa binding, and piezo bridges. Obviously mini-toggles were liberally employed as well. I was planning on 3 faux “animal skin” cases, but after the red/black snakeskin for “Isis” (Santana SH), and the brown crocodile for “Terra” (SC 594 HB 1) I went for the carbon fiber to protect “Gaia” (DC 594 HB 2). The Santana has a carbon fiber TR, kind of wishing I went w that on all three. One of these days I need to do a full thread on these...with all the vault pics...but a little busy right now...so I hope this will suffice.

Last edited:
Back