Private Stock Friday

Happy Friday, everyone! Here's something interesting I saw as I walked into the Private Stock area this week - a complicated looking clamp technique with two top woods.

View attachment 8027 View attachment 8028

It was explained to me that we glue-up tops this way when using multiple types of wood, like the design below:

View attachment 8029

Educational for me so I thought I'd pass it on!
I would love to see a video on how this dual tops are made. Love the look, but puzzled if they go thru a CNC?

Happy Friday, everyone! Here's something interesting I saw as I walked into the Private Stock area this week - a complicated looking clamp technique with two top woods.

It was explained to me that we glue-up tops this way when using multiple types of wood, like the design below:

View attachment 8029

Hey Hunter!! Thanks, I wondered how they did that. :)

psf229-1000-12-jpg.8038

Jerry ... I think it moved. (Seinfeld reference)

Pure elegance.

View attachment 8029

So if I understand correctly, the second wood on the top is a veneer?

Oh, and I would never have heard the words "camel inlays" and imagined anything like what I just saw... Those are stunning!

Back