Private Stock Friday

This didn't stop Jimi Hendrix!!! Get a righty one!!! ;);)

Wow, that's something I've never heard before. Ever... :p

Every time I hear that, I recommend that a Righty try stringing up a lefty upside down and playing through a couple of tunes..
The first time they try adjusting a volume knob in their armpit, or accidentally change pickups mid song, usually ends the conversation real fast.

I have a lefty son. Doing this with a mini guitar is even harder! :D:D;)

My one bit of advice: DON'T!!

If he's been playing 1 yr or less, tell him to switch to righty. Both myself and Mr Iommi would give the same advice. Him because in interviews I've read because he felt artificially limited after his accident. Me because its heartbreaking to never find a guitar I like, or constantly pay an unfair upcharge. Personally, I'm excited about building a PS for myself, and feel fortunate that I can. There's also a little bit of annoyance over the fact that it's the only way I'm getting a hollowbody. Not a HBII, but ANY PRS hollowbody...
(NOT a dig on PRS at ALL, they're as good or BETTER than most guitar manufacturers)

Seriously, I do lots of things righty, and never realized it. I throw a baseball lefty, but bat righty b/c no one could teach me how to hold it "backwards". I play lacrosse ambidextrously, I golf righty, and do most other things either ambi or "almost as good righty".

Put a righty in that boy's hands.

D0aSxsTW0AAxHlD.jpg

Kiko Loureiro, Megadeth's lead player is a lefty who plays right handed, and he's absolutely amazing. There's nothing intrinsic about playing an instrument that dictates which way around it should be.

If you think about it, everyone playing 'righty' is using the seemingly wrong hand to do the most amount of work!

Kiko Loureiro, Megadeth's lead player is a lefty who plays right handed, and he's absolutely amazing. There's nothing intrinsic about playing an instrument that dictates which way around it should be.

If you think about it, everyone playing 'righty' is using the seemingly wrong hand to do the most amount of work!
I was exposed to him while he was in Angra. Great band, and great player!

There are no lefty pianos, violins, cellos, etc, etc, etc...

Hmmm, I'll agree with you on the violins, cellos, etc, but not on pianos.

All music is left handed (written left to right, bass (low) to treble (high). All music except Tab that is, which is written backwards to make things easier for you Righties. ;)

Pianos, similarly, are left handed. They're keyed left to right, and played simultaneously with both hands, but read left to right with music.

Back