Private Stock Friday

wMtzyK2.jpg

Hold the doggone phone!!! What number is that one?!?!?!?!

Seroiusly! Did not one else notice that the headstock carve is backwards? That (should?) make it a lefty, and it's walnut w/an ebony Moore Music eagle.

I'm 99.99% sure I just got my first sighting of my build!!

I've always wondered how individual species have such predictable burl patterns. I have a couple of redwood burl slabs in my personal wood pile. They look just like that. Gorgeous.

Agree. Btw, the first redwood lace burl PRS was a Mira made for me from wood I took to Stevensville in the good ol’ days. (And first purpleheart neck).

T
he 2nd redwood burl was built for Bill Willerty. Miss you Bill. :(

Last edited:
Agree. Btw, the first redwood lace burl PRS was a Mira made for me from wood I took to Stevensville in the good ol’ days. (And first purpleheart neck).

T
he 2nd redwood burl was built for Bill Willerty. Miss you Bill. :(
That's awesome. I recall you posting this mighty beast in the past. I also have some billets of old, flamed redwood that is out of the park gorgeous. I asked in the Vault if I could supply it for a hollowbody and they shot me down. Look at what's happening now. Hmmm....

That's awesome. I recall you posting this mighty beast in the past. I also have some billets of old, flamed redwood that is out of the park gorgeous. I asked in the Vault if I could supply it for a hollowbody and they shot me down. Look at what's happening now. Hmmm....

They won’t accept outside wood and haven’t for quite a few years.

What is everyone using to clean/polish their PS with Nitro finish? I have PRS cleaner and polish but they said not to use that on the Nitro...

Also, do you use an all in one cleaner/polish/wax...?

Last edited:
Back