Private Stock Friday

psf202-1000-6-jpg.7425

Yay~ I see mine finally!!
Good lord, that’s going to be epic! What color will that gorgeous top be stained? :)

Keep in mind, all of that inlay will be meticulously masked-off before the guitar is stained, so that the stain doesn't sully the inlay material. BTW- I'm not sure what color it will be.

WOW - I just assumed that the Inlay wouldn't take the stain and so wouldn't matter. I heard Ebony doesn't take stain and so that fretboard with the holiday scene was easier than it looked as far as staining was concerned so I expected this to be the same. Its a beautiful guitar as is - if it was left natural - but a Stain could really bring out the grain and help the inlay jump out too. I am glad its not me that has to mask these inlays off and can't wait to see it when finished...

Very interesting and cool to see how that rosette is started out.
Agreed, that's way easier than I thought it would be to do something like that. If it was me, I would have custom cut the inside/outside curve into each piece and then wondered why it looked like garbage.

That is the guitar I used for a reference! :)

Interesting coincidence. I had initially spec’d Mine w a smokeburst too (says aquamarine glow smokeburst on the certificate)...but I ended up liking it as is...so we skipped the smokeburst last minute.

Back