Private Stock Friday

That dragon's breath 594 in the front is AMAZING. Do want!

Isn't that just the 'glow' burst as the Dragons Breath is more of a 'V' as if its like a dragon blowing fire out of its mouth. The burst is generally as if the 'neck' is the Dragon so the widest part of the V is the base of the guitar.

It would be a bit like '>----' where the ---- is the neck and the > is the burst where the 'glow' or orange is inside the > and the darker 'red' is outside that.

228475-4.jpg

This is what I understand to be a 'Dragons Breath' style, where as if the 'bright' part is centred in the middle of the guitar with the darker part going all around the outside, that is classed as a 'Glow'

I could be wrong but I am certain I saw a PRS video that was describing why this 'shape' was the Dragon's Breath because it resembled the fire of a fire breathing dragon

Isn't that just the 'glow' burst as the Dragons Breath is more of a 'V' as if its like a dragon blowing fire out of its mouth. The burst is generally as if the 'neck' is the Dragon so the widest part of the V is the base of the guitar.

It would be a bit like '>----' where the ---- is the neck and the > is the burst where the 'glow' or orange is inside the > and the darker 'red' is outside that.

This is what I understand to be a 'Dragons Breath' style, where as if the 'bright' part is centred in the middle of the guitar with the darker part going all around the outside, that is classed as a 'Glow'

I could be wrong but I am certain I saw a PRS video that was describing why this 'shape' was the Dragon's Breath because it resembled the fire of a fire breathing dragon

Sorry, didn't read a thing you wrote, too busy drooling over the guitar...

Suddenly, I love it even more knowing what the neck is made of.

I am assuming some 'specs' too based on the design so to me it looks like a Hollowbody 594 with individual toggle switches for coil splitting instead of the 'push/pull' system and the 'Hollowbody ii' Piezo bridge. I can't see for definite the exact PU's used (58/15 LT's would be my guess) and it doesn't look like it has the carved back - not from this angle as it doesn't seem to have the same maple edge (often used as faux binding) that would indicate a similar back to the top. Also can't say for definite the neck carve or scale length either which may have some impact on whether it really could be my Perfect guitar (of course it wasn't built for me) or just be incredibly close to my idea of a perfect guitar.

Considering I have a 594 and a Hollowbody ii, a marriage of both to give a 594 Hollowbody is something I am seriously GASsing for right now. The Core version uses the tune-o-matic type bridge from the Solid body 594 rather than taking the bridge from the HBii which, if I had my choice, I would hope for. I would also like the curved Maple back from the HBii but I would prefer the neck carve and scale length of the 594. A solid Rosewood neck would top it off perfectly. Obviously for the Electrics, I would prefer the 594 arrangement - whether that uses mini toggles for coil splitting or Push/Pull I don't mind too much. If I had knobs similar to yours, Mini toggles seem a better idea - they are probably a better idea regardless but with the Piezo mini toggle and volume/blend knob, its quite 'busy' in that area.

As you can see, yours is incredibly close to my idea of Perfection from a guitar and I love the natural look you have gone for. I may 'love' red Guitars (as you may of guessed) but I also love 'natural' guitars too. I don't like 'solid opaque colours that cover up the natural beauty of wood and its grain - I also dislike 'plastic' and only 'tolerate' that for back plates as its on the 'back' of the guitar. I don't always like the wood ones I see on PRS guitars when they are completely different colour to the back of the Guitar - bright green flame maple on a 'natural' mahogany back for example and would actually prefer the much more understated black plastic. The perfect backplates for a natural mahogany back is a natural mahogany with the grain lining up as close as possible. At least Hollowbody guitars don't need back plates which is even better...

There is so much that your guitar looks to have that would fit my idea of a 'perfect' guitar which is what prompted my post.

You are 100% correct on electronics.

It is a 594, having scale length and neck carve going with that, the pickups are 58/18MTs like the special 22 SH. The binding is natural, just like the top, it only looks lighter/“scraped” because of the “smoke microburst” around the top and back edges. I would have preferred the 2 piece bridge also...but it is not available w piezo saddles, so I went w the one piece adjustable (which I also love).
So it is a 594 HB2 Piezo

And you will be happy to know that the back is carved...full on HB 2 style.

Nn2DwsO.jpg

VZucfK3.jpg

ML8ezk5.jpg

Last edited:
That dragon's breath 594 in the front is AMAZING. Do want!

228475-4.jpg

It is indeed a Dragon’s Breath Glow 594. I assume you’d like to see more....

WhL1Q3f.jpg

GdwGDG0.jpg

qaTSYHT.jpg

YvMXTew.jpg

ijOnUcL.jpg

Last edited:
You are 100% correct on electronics.

It is a 594, having scale length and neck carve going with that, the pickups are 58/18MTs like the special 22 SH. The binding is natural, just like the top, it only looks lighter/“scraped” because of the “smoke microburst” around the top and back edges. I would have preferred the 2 piece bridge also...but it is not available w piezo saddles, so I went w the one piece adjustable (which I also love).
So it is a 594 HB2 Piezo

And you will be happy to know that the back is carved...full on HB 2 style.

Nn2DwsO.jpg

VZucfK3.jpg

ML8ezk5.jpg

WOW! WOW! and WOW!! again!!

Even from the back, this is an absolute stunner and I bet its a dream to play with amazing tone too...

I too would prefer a 2piece Bridge but I would rather have a Piezo than not. It would be an 'easy' decision to go without the 2 piece for a Piezo for me too.

I will have to make do with just the regular Core 594 Hollowbody 2 when PRS make a Fire Burst Red version and ship it to the UK so I can buy it. Its such a hardship having to 'make do' with just the 594 switching options, 2 piece bridge and go without the Piezo, also having to 'make do' with the incredible 58/15's LT's and a regular Mahogany neck. It will be such a hard decision and I will be so reluctant to make that purchase - especially after seeing your 'stunning' hybrid. I will be so 'sad' having to use my absolutely stunning Hollowbody ii with its one piece Maple top and back, with its 58/15 LT's if I must for any Piezo requirements. I am absolutely gutted that I have to buy a new PRS, to have 2 PRS guitars where you only need the 1. Its such a shame that I must increase my Guitar collection with another PRS after all why have multiple, high end stunning instruments when you can just have 1? Who would want that?? :p:D:D:D

In all seriousness now, that is one stunning instrument you have and I hope to add numbers 5 and 6 to my collection as soon as I am financially able to and the models in the colours I want are available here. Obviously I want a 594 HB as I have already stated but I would also want to add a PRS Special 22 as well. I don't really know how the Multi-Tap 58/15's compare tonally to the Low-Turns but I would like to plug one in to my set-up and find out - another Guitar that I am waiting to arrive in the UK in Fire Red Burst (are you listening PRS ;);))

My PS build from last year. Color is Ocean Mist Glow (OMG) :)

48_CEF1_D0-5_FB9-4_BA3-_BB2_D-642_AC3_CA1527.jpg

I was going for the colors of Hapuna Beach on the Big Island of Hawaii

9-AF75-FAE-1-DE9-4-C31-AC14-837-C56-C18-CBB.jpg

164-FE635-60-BD-41-FA-8134-C6-A0-BE6-EF3-C1.jpg

It’s a P245 Trem Braz neck and board, Pattern Vintage neck carve and I requested it to weight < 8lbs due to a bad back. PRS nailed it, it’s my #1 guitar now. All wood accents are Braz RW. I really need to take better photos though!

Damn! A P245 Trem. Spectacular. That's the model I was hoping would make it to regular production. Alas...

228475-4.jpg

I think they call the shape of the finish burst Dragons Breath (DBB) now for the reasons you describe (I recall seeing a video as well) and you can specify different color stains. I use to own this DC 594 in Sandstorm DBB for example:

image.jpg

But there is a color stain also called Dragons Breath that can be used in either the DBB or in the Glow finish in Tosca’s 594.

Back