Private Stock Friday

There are some unbelievable works of art in those postings, thanks for sharing!

Once again, my hat is off to that talented team of artisans on the PM crew!

PS are beautiful
vLrMz52.jpg

I was showing a dealer around the shop last Friday and we stopped into the PS Vault for a look around. I randomly pulled this top off the shelf and opened it up. I see a lot of guitar tops, but this is one of the coolest I've ever seen! Someone is going to really happy with this one.

View attachment 7212

That’s awesome Shawn!

I was showing a dealer around the shop last Friday and we stopped into the PS Vault for a look around. I randomly pulled this top off the shelf and opened it up. I see a lot of guitar tops, but this is one of the coolest I've ever seen! Someone is going to really happy with this one.

View attachment 7212
Oh!
I know what I would do with that.

View attachment 7212

Agree (wish it was me...)
The one in the left top corner of that pic is pretty outstanding too...looks like Marble!

View attachment 7212
Best to go with flat or minimal carve to preserve the symmetry, cos that’s the star of the show.

Best to go with flat or minimal carve to preserve the symmetry, cos that’s the star of the show.

That does depend on the 'consistency' through the wood. The 'main' standout points are the two dark cracks on either side - although the bottom one may be obscured a bit by the placement of knobs and switches. Neither is perfectly symmetrical without carving but they do create a kind of 'F' hole type effect and the current placement in that position.

As for a 'Shallow' carve, what we can't see is the bottom side of these pieces. If the underside is very similar to the top, then there is a strong likelihood that the main focus. those two dark strips could run right through and be fine to do a traditional PRS carve. If the bottom half isn't quite as pronounced, it could still be suitable for a carve and use the Electronics - the knobs and switch - placement to offset a 'weaker' marking.

Either way, we are only able to see the 'top' and have no idea on what the underside looks like and therefore this piece 'could' be fine for carving. The cracks may go right through the wood. It could make for a great hollowbody, or at least a neck block with hollow wings. Those cracks acting as a natural 'F' hole...

If this was 'my' build, I would certainly be asking about making it a hollow or neck block semi-hollow PRS with 'natural' F holes....

Back