Private Stock Friday

Ah, the second phase of Private Stock addiction. We know it all too well here.

Phase 1: If I ever do a Private Stock.

Phase 2: If I ever do another Private Stock.

Phase 3: If I could ever stop doing Private Stock.

I won't share Phase 4. It's too brutal.

Lol, no doubt! I seriously think I'm already in the 2+ phase. The only thing preventing me is the fact that I'm still waiting on #1 to be completed.

Wasn't that specific guitar listed in the PRS Dealers section? I went looking for it to try to check out the sale listing and couldn't find it?

Reactions: jfb
I have quite a few ideas that I would ask for IF I ever get the opportunity to have a PS guitar built for me. Maybe nothing too outrageous... Most would be slight tweaks to the wiring, different inlays from the 'core', etc - obviously Red would be its 'main' colour...

Phase 4 is when you get cremated, but get buried anyway, and in your casket is all your Private Stocks and an urn with your ashes.

Hmmm, for me it can only be the first PS. I keep telling the wife that the reason we need more, in lefty AND righty, is b/c we have to pass them on to the kids and grandkids.

It's for THE CHILDREN!!

"Got" or "ordered"? I just finished the order, my "got" phase is still MONTHS away. I'm already planning #2...
Got. I went and spent half a day talking to people on the Private Stock team about what I could do, decided what I wanted, then tried to find my favourite dealer - who I hadn’t bought from in years and probably hadn’t talked to in five years. Over a beer we discovered that he had picked something that matched my interests in many characteristics, so I wrote him a cheque and took it home.

Lots of fun things to show you folks today, happy Friday!

PSF191(1000)1.jpg
PSF191(1000)2.jpg
PSF191(1000)3.jpg
PSF191(1000)4.jpg
PSF191(1000)5.jpg
PSF191(1000)6.jpg
PSF191(1000)7.jpg
PSF191(1000)8.jpg
PSF191(1000)9.jpg
PSF191(1000)10.jpg

One of the two Private Stocks for me made your rogue's gallery this week! Nice!
The guitar awaiting stain and finish with the eastern ash back (with very distinctive waveform-like grain I chose from the PS vault) and quilted maple plates.
It appears the original projected completion date in April was accurate, definitely getting close … and I can't wait to see how these two unique instruments turn out! Wow!!
Thanks Hunter!!

Last edited:
psf191-1000-8-jpg.7142

I am very curious on this. Two 9 volt compartments and an interesting neck heel. Any insight on what this is about?

Back