Private Stock Friday

The HB 594 24 is mine. It actually came yesterday and I have it right next to me. I've had a lot of PRS guitars but this one is on another level. I'm still in disbelief!
The smokeburst complements the swamp ash middle perfectly! The black MOP understated classy. Congrats!
psf180-1000-26-jpg.6951

Several years ago when I was running the accessories department, I pushed hard to develop and sell the Metal pickups. Paul was less than thrilled with the idea, but he finally agreed to allow it. Today Paul came up to me and said "We need to talk" and we walked into his office. Inside he had a Custom 24 Private Stock with a Stoptail Bridge, two covered Metal pickups, 25" scale length and tuned C to C. He plugged it in and his eyes lit up. He played complex chords and then soaring solos. He said "This thing sounds huge!". It seems Paul has finally come around to embrace the Metal pickups after all. :) Whoever has this particular PS on order, you're in for a special treat!

Nice! I got the \m/ (use the proper name!) pickups in my PS - McCarty body, 22 frets, Tremonti wiring w/push-pulls for coil splits and push-pulls for sweet switches. I can't imagine anything working better in that guitar.

They're not just for Metal, that's for sure. Such a great pickup. I put a set in an AP Santana (maple neck and ebony board), with splits. that guitar is seriously rad.

100% true. The name belies the versatility. You did a great thing here, Shawn!
For sure. I love the \m/ pickups. I have a few sets and they work well for anything. I still think they should be regularly offered as squabbins too.

DSC_0086_zps74f1d3c0.jpg
Several years ago when I was running the accessories department, I pushed hard to develop and sell the Metal pickups. Paul was less than thrilled with the idea, but he finally agreed to allow it. Today Paul came up to me and said "We need to talk" and we walked into his office. Inside he had a Custom 24 Private Stock with a Stoptail Bridge, two covered Metal pickups, 25" scale length and tuned C to C. He plugged it in and his eyes lit up. He played complex chords and then soaring solos. He said "This thing sounds huge!". It seems Paul has finally come around to embrace the Metal pickups after all. :) Whoever has this particular PS on order, you're in for a special treat!
That sounds just mine #4470

The HB 594 24 is mine. It actually came yesterday and I have it right next to me. I've had a lot of PRS guitars but this one is on another level. I'm still in disbelief!
You did well! I am a stoptail on 24s enthusiast; I have 3 of ‘em. I’ve been waiting for someone to do an actual 24 594, because it’s so freakin’ logical! Good choice broham...love to hear the tone report.

Back