Private Stock Friday

I love this thread. The malachite and whatever the blue inlays are just the bees knees!

IMG_1985.jpg

Is that Pete's with the 20th anni birds? *drool* What a heart-throb!

Hey Shawn - if it doesn't break any rules and its currently in production - can you snap a photo of Marty Friedman's 7 string thats being built? :)

I don't seek out specific guitars for this thread, I just take photos of the guitar the PS team happens to be working on as I cruise through the area. Sorry.

Love, love, love this thread. Thanks, Shawn.

I am pretty sure this 'sweet neck meat' --
PS4067SweetNeckMeat_zpsaf27252c.jpg

belongs with this 'Killer Top'
PS4067KillerTop_zps7b27f57a.jpg

A quick preview, from DFD's casting couch:
PS4067Top_zpsbffa6cab.jpg

PS4067ZiracoteNeck_zpsc583d636.jpg

Woundtight, that is AWESOME! I assume that is your personal guitar, as it has your signature switching configuration.

Laguna Dragon Breath, looks killer on that sick one-piece quilt top! Both of my two in the oven are one-piece quilts.

Cool how you did the 12-fret birds different than the rest!

Holy mother of god! What an amazing one piece top! I definitely recognize that couch as well haha.

new year, new posts.

Mmmmm, looks like cedar maybe?
IMG_2137_zpsec83abc8.jpg

On top of Old Spalty
IMG_2138_zpsff1f3aa0.jpg

Mr. Santana's personal axe
IMG_2135_zpsf613dde9.jpg

fresh stain
IMG_2134_zps88e2680d.jpg

Want
IMG_2133_zpsbfb07b06.jpg

Remember those red and yellow "Firebird" inlays?
IMG_2132_zps486e8871.jpg

yeah, me too!
IMG_2131_zps6dd17c16.jpg

Somebody is getting creative
IMG_2128_zps9c074091.jpg

Not really a PS shot, but I thought I’d show this anyway. Many people ask about the thickness of our tops. Most of the maple tops start out as 5 quarter and then are carved into shape. The center of the guitar stays roughly 5 quarter thickness, while they edges swoop down into the famous "Violin" carve. This illustrates the eventual binding height as well as the overall thickness of the top.
IMG_2126_zpsdb104b89.jpg

Back