Private Stock Friday

Yes. Yes they are.

Nice to see those "old school ones" ;) being completed.
It has been a long time since these were first spotted on the PSF thread.
Could be more than a year?

are you guys thinking deep OG PRS reissues? At first I though Gibson, of course, but there is a much more prominent horn on the lower part of the headstock that looks more like the first PRS guitars.

I'm not good with deciphering Sergio's subtle hints

are you guys thinking deep OG PRS reissues? At first I though Gibson, of course, but there is a much more prominent horn on the lower part of the headstock that looks more like the first PRS guitars.

I'm not good with deciphering Sergio's subtle hints

I believe his hint dropping was with respect to the long rumored Peter Frampton guitar ("do you feel like I do"). However, when I was getting the tour, Shawn showed me a couple of guitars they were doing for a run. I believe it was a run of 10, and it was a duplicate of the first guitar Paul built. You guessed it......Japan.

I believe his hint dropping was with respect to the long rumored Peter Frampton guitar ("do you feel like I do"). However, when I was getting the tour, Shawn showed me a couple of guitars they were doing for a run. I believe it was a run of 10, and it was a duplicate of the first guitar Paul built. You guessed it......Japan.

First guitar Paul built, or first guitar Paul built with birds?

If you say so...but the one with the Koa back and Brazilian neck right behind it has my full attention...I may be biased.
Ahh you must be referring to the one with like kickass killer flame. Koa flame. You are very lucky to be in a position to be biased!

If this is the guitar I think it is, and I believe it is, because I see six of them. They might be going somewhere a bit closer than Japan. A lot, lot closer.

If this is the guitar I think it is, and I believe it is, because I see six of them. They might be going somewhere a bit closer than Japan. A lot, lot closer.

*considers liquidating etrade account*

I made a quick swing into the PS area just a few minutes ago to see what the Private Stock guys were up to. Some really amazing instruments under construction.

Rick A. sanding a sweet spalted maple top
IMG_1929.jpg

Eric G. soldering and assembling
IMG_1924.jpg

Rich S. with some sweet inlays. Crummy photo, but cool blue and white inlays.
IMG_1922.jpg

Vampire Rich sanding an outstanding spalt
IMG_1911.jpg

Rick H. applying maple binding to a headstock
IMG_1909.jpg

Awesome inlays
IMG_1920.jpg

Way back in 2012. What a great thread idea, Mr. Nuthall. :)

Back