Private Stock Friday

Call me cynical but I've always wanted to take the "best" looking highly flamed top and make a goldtop out of it. You'd see the natural binding, but that's it. It's like a hot lady wearing something a little bit revealing, leaves you wanting more.

Also, I want to make a McCarty burst guitar with the plainest, most devoid of figuring maple I can find.

Call me cynical but I've always wanted to take the "best" looking highly flamed top and make a goldtop out of it. You'd see the natural binding, but that's it. It's like a hot lady wearing something a little bit revealing, leaves you wanting more.

Also, I want to make a McCarty burst guitar with the plainest, most devoid of figuring maple I can find.

So much yes. Yes to all of this.

I've said a similar thing - sometimes I wish I had the cojones to pick the craziest figuring for a top and make it an opaque color. But no binding. No one would know...

I'm still undecided on the color, it's a toss up between Solana Burst and Violet

Shawn - I vote for Solana Burst! I had a couple of Willcutt Wood Library Ted's in that finish back in the day, and they were STELLAR!! Great vintage color, IMO.

I've said a similar thing - sometimes I wish I had the cojones to pick the craziest figuring for a top and make it an opaque color. But no binding. No one would know...
It's been done. This is a quilted top (albeit, dirty artist grade):
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...rtist-grade-quilted-maple-top-electric-guitar

If I were PRS, I'd make swap your top. How would you ever know?

No, seriously, why would you waste a beautiful top by putting it out of sight? That's just mean.

It's that time again, some great stuff in the shop this week. Happy Friday!

PSF118(1000)01.jpg
PSF118(1000)02.jpg
PSF118(1000)03.jpg
PSF118(1000)04.jpg
PSF118(1000)05.jpg
PSF118(1000)06.jpg
PSF118(1000)07.jpg
PSF118(1000)08.jpg
PSF118(1000)09.jpg
PSF118(1000)10.jpg

Back