Private Stock Friday

What kind of fretboard is on the PS with the sword inlay? It is unusual looking in that it is extremely open grained and porous. Not at all like Brazilian, and I rarely even see Indian that looks like that.

Great stuff again, Shawn! We really appreciate that you can step back in for Hunter, who stepped into your role!

And:

This. Is. Awesome. If one of these or similar is available at the PRSExperience next summer, I may just exercise all the credit limit on my credit card!

img_4628-jpg.5275

It's impossible to look at this thread each week and not want another PS.

Such awesomeness there is.

What kind of fretboard is on the PS with the sword inlay? It is unusual looking in that it is extremely open grained and porous. Not at all like Brazilian, and I rarely even see Indian that looks like that.

I think I'm going to answer my own question. With the open pores, line pattern and slightly purple color of the sword fretboard---is that a paduak neck?

If you guys want video, here is one of me choosing the top. I had narrowed it down to these three tops (#7, #8 and #9). I finally chose #9

I think that was a good choice. The flame stood out more and it was a bit more wavy

Back