Private Stock Friday

psf109-1000-18-jpg.5063

Schweeet. What's the orange/copper colored material in the spalt?

I believe it is copper foil...

Thanks. Guess they ran out of 24K gold foil after all the GOTM's were done! ;)

Dang! I would really like to see how that's applied so that it stays in certain "pockets" like that. Do the natural seams of the wood allow for such line definition?
That's way cool.

So something I spec'ed in last fall might start showing up here within the next month or so. Anyone care to guess what that might be? (LOL...)

I am pretty excited about that, I will scrutinizing every pic here for a possible glimpse!! :)

So something I spec'ed in last fall might start showing up here within the next month or so. Anyone care to guess what that might be? (LOL...)

I am pretty excited about that, I will scrutinizing every pic here for a possible glimpse!! :)

You know, you have many PRS guitars. So, a dog-leg table?

Rhymes with Schmive Schminety Schmour?

winner.jpg

You know, you have many PRS guitars. So, a dog-leg table?

Ha! I may go through a lot of PRS guitars, but I don't actually own that many at one time. A couple of years back I had settled into a collection of "just" three great Private Stock 245's, two DC's and an SC, and I was pretty happy with very little GAS, until PRS rocked my world with the 594's.

I have found my all-time favorite model in the SC 594, and while I went on a pretty significant binge of many Core, WL and PS DC and SC 594's, I actually see myself eventually getting back to a similar place, a modest collection of really great SC 594's, and a DC. You will be able to count them on one hand. Okay, maybe two hands. ;)

Plus I will need one or two of those JM guitars! :)

I asked Paul Miles the same question the other day, he said it was "Variegated".

That sounds like PRS lexicon for...we don't want to tell you how we do it! o_O
Regardless, I do know one thing, I will be asking for "variegated" on my dream PS.

I saw this photo about 5-6 years ago. I typed in google something about 10ish min. ago... So.. this is also one crazy model, which gives GAS to everyone. :D

prs%20private%20stock%20copy.jpg

Great pictures, Hunter!

Perhaps you've mentioned this already in the thread but what camera and lenses do you use for these pictures?

EDIT: Nevermind, found your reply from earlier in the thread. :)

Last edited:
Back