Private Stock Friday

THNX Hunter!!

This is an interesting fretboard....

psf86-1000-16-jpg.4526

I really dig the October GOM with the lotus leaf and this sage green color

Just WOW

Thanks Hunter, have fun this weekend

Hunter, great stuff as always! I have no idea where to start with the drooling....

psf86-1000-10-jpg.4520

These are called "Labyrinth Knots". Tina showed me a graphic of these in early September when I was there. Seeing them now on an actual neck, WOW!! I dig them. I see these in my future... ;)

A solid doublecut stoptail body made of a single piece of European maple and a single piece of South American mahogany, fitted with a nice set of 408s and Sig switching. :D

For the rest of the details, wait and see ;)

Okay, thanks for sharing!

Your ongoing fondness for those 408/Signature guitars is unwavering, much like my love for the short scale PRSi! ;) I look forward to seeing how that turns out.

Thanks for doing those inlays, I am now much more comfortable spec'ing those now that I have seen them an an actual neck, totally dig those!

Cheers. I wanted Celtic Knots but wasn't allowed, and these were the only others I liked so it was an easy decision.

Thank you Hunter! :) Have a great weekend!

All this wood is giving me some also! I think I've seen the most amazing wood figuring one week, and the very next week, something comes along and blows it away!

Cheers. I wanted Celtic Knots but wasn't allowed, and these were the only others I liked so it was an easy decision.
So why are Celtic Knots not allowed but something just as intricate is? Is there some sort of copyright on the knot design? Or just PRS reserving it for very special editions?

Man you guys do wonderful things with spalted maple. Just saying!

So why are Celtic Knots not allowed but something just as intricate is? Is there some sort of copyright on the knot design? Or just PRS reserving it for very special editions?

Yes your latter guess is basically correct. I wanted museum birds. They were on the limited release museum guitar from a couple years ago. They will not put them on any other guitar. Celtic knots have limited availability, likely for the same reason.

Yep, Celtic Knots were part of the Collection Series. I asked very nicely if I could have them to match my other guitars but unfortunately I was told no. You can't blame a man for trying though, right? ;)

I forgot to say many thanks to Hunter for picking out my neck for such a great photo - I've been smiling all day thinking about it! :D

Back