Private Stock Friday

The stripes ARE registered trademarks of ELVH, Inc.

Probably not.

If they were registered, there is no way PRS would produce such a high profile guitar and post (advertise) it here.

Possibilities:
1. Stripes not registered.
2. Stripes registered, but this example is sufficiently different.
3. Stripes registered and PRS paid a license fee.
4. Stripes registered and guitar commissioned by registrant.

I'm betting on number 1.

Probably not.

If they were registered, there is no way PRS would produce such a high profile guitar and post (advertise) it here.

Possibilities:
1. Stripes not registered.
2. Stripes registered, but this example is sufficiently different.
3. Stripes registered and PRS paid a license fee.
4. Stripes registered and guitar commissioned by registrant.

I'm betting on number 1.

It would appear #1 is not the correct answer. Although the stripes are not trademarked - they are copyrighted.

Eddie VH sued Nike for copyright infringement in 2009 because a new model of shoes looked like his guitar:

http://brandaide.com/2009/06/28/edd...it-you-already-did-it-copyright-infringement/

I'm guessing #2. I would be happy if it was #4, however! More exposure is usually always better...

Things like the truck are usually ok as long as you are not using them for commercial/marketing/money-making ventures. I have an '87 Monte Carlo finished like Dale Earnhardt's Wrangler car from that year, and the stipulation from RCR was that I don't make any money off of it (charge for pictures, etc).

Happy Friday! Some cool stuff coming through the shop this week, lets take a look!

PSF22-1.jpg

PSF22-2.jpg

PSF22-3.jpg

PSF22-4.jpg

PSF22-5.jpg

PSF22-13.jpg

PSF22-14.jpg

PSF22-15.jpg

Here's what happens when CNC goes wrong. The guitar's back lost suction with the jig, the drill grabbed the wood, spun it around at a high RPM, and threw it against the inside wall of the machine..

PSF22-7.jpg

PSF22-8.jpg

PSF22-9.jpg

PSF22-10.jpg

PSF22-12.jpg

The alternate story is that Rich in the woodshop is a Kung-Fu master.

PSF22-6.jpg

PSF22-11.jpg

Last edited:
Great stuff! I have one question: Are there any features or details that PS customers have requested in the past that wound up being incorporated in the regular core line?

You've created a whole new genre here Hunter...PSF Bloopers.
Awesome work as always...thanks!

What a FANTASTIC PSF today Hunter, thank you... By the way
did anyone invite ET to peer from the back of the awesome HBII?

Very nice PSF indeed. That crash test guitar looked like a p245? oh the pain of it all!!!! Stupid CNC machine:(

on a side note I see my post has pushed this thread to page 245!!!!!

Last edited:
Back