Private Stock Friday

It's that time, happy Friday!

attachment.php

Aaaahhh! That looks absolutely fantabulous! Is that natural figuring of wood, enhanced somehow? There are great quilts here, great flames and tiger stripes, I've seen burled maple, birdseye maple, crotch wood, sap wood, but what the he!! do you call that?!

Last edited:
Aaaahhh! That looks absolutely fantabulous! Is that natural figuring of wood, enhanced somehow? There are great quilts here, great flames and tiger stripes, I've seen burled maple, birdseye maple, crotch wood, sap wood, but what the he!! do you call that?!

Looks like Burl to me. The "eyes" tell all! SO SICK.

Looks like Burl to me. The "eyes" tell all! SO SICK.

I guess so, it just looks so over-the-top compared with some other burls we've seen here...man! It's like a burl that got quilted. Or a quilt that got burled. Or maybe the LSD is finally kicking in...

Brian, Bill, John and (especially) Kine have already said everything I wanted to say.

Outstanding round, Hunter!

Good god, there's some great-looking stuff coming out of there.

I absolutely love this finish. I have lusted after a couple Collings and Kauers with this finish. Good to see PRS doing it too. I'd love to see a 408 standard (I know, discontinued), the whole thing done in this finish, with maple binding added to the body top.

attachment.php

Plus one! Looks like Collings dog hair - a beautiful finish!

attachment.php

:dontknow:Is that the Shocker headstock?
Pretty sure that's ring finger down, pinky finger up. This appears to be a modded shocker. :rofl: I thought PTC handled mods, but I guess when you go PS, anything is possible!?!

Definitely Burled Maple, there was a picture floating around in this thread a few weeks back when it was unfinished. Just an exceptional piece of Burl Maple, with an exceptional stain job! The stain definitely gives the impression of a like a Nebula or Galaxy type thing.

I guess so, it just looks so over-the-top compared with some other burls we've seen here...man! It's like a burl that got quilted. Or a quilt that got burled. Or maybe the LSD is finally kicking in...

Yeah, buddy. The Aqua Violet kills on this, or is it Northern Lights???????

Back