Private Stock Friday

This is sweet... the color in that purfling is amazing!!! What's even more amazing is that is my guitar : )

In honor of my wife Kelly who is battling Leukemia!

This is sweet... the color in that purfling is amazing!!! What's even more amazing is that is my guitar : )

In honor of my wife Kelly who is battling Leukemia!

That is coming along great. Nice headie, nice touch putting the wife's name in there, and I am digging the wide flame top. Like you, I hope to see some more shots of this one over the next couple of weeks!

Purny neck blanks
attachment.php
Now that's what I'm talkin' about...I would love to get me just one of these Cheetos blanks on a PS!!
cheetos_mascot.jpg

Beautiful.

The problem with being a Private Stock owner is that now I want more of them.

The whole thing is so addictive that I will soon need to be restrained in a straitjacket.

"Did you need to be restrained in a straitjacket before you got into them, Les?"

"Uhhh...well..."

Last edited:
Beautiful.

The problem with being a Private Stock owner is that now I want more of them.

The whole thing is so addictive that I will soon need to be restrained in a straitjacket.

"Did you need to be restrained in a straitjacket before you got into them, Les?"

"Uhhh...well..."

Now you really understand Les :). It is not about whether you are good enough to deserve them, but how great they sound and feel in your hands. I like Sergio's analogy to jewelry.

I had that conversation with Paul a few years ago - essentially saying they just had to get the first one in people's hands.
Yup...I didn't really get it before I owned my first one. I was on the fence about buying it too, but Paul decided to "play catch" with it and he knew that he had me after seeing the look on my face!!

Yup...I didn't really get it before I owned my first one. I was on the fence about buying it too, but Paul decided to "play catch" with it and he knew that he had me after seeing the look on my face!!

I like playing catch.

And good morning Maryland!

Now you really understand Les :). It is not about whether you are good enough to deserve them, but how great they sound and feel in your hands. I like Sergio's analogy to jewelry.

My first one was that amazing maple bodied acoustic last summer. Mind blowing in tone, feel, and looks.

Which led to that Hammer Of The Gods thing this year. Crazy good.

I don't deserve either one. But I'm still mentally spec'ing out a sweet hollow something or other for next time. ;)

Back