Private Stock build delivered on PS Friday

docteurseb

Last Friday was a true Private Stock Friday for me, as this got delivered after a good 15 months wait.

This one, unlike the prior 2 (gone in 1-5 months), is here to stay: it looks incredible (granted, it's not for everyone), sounds as good as I was hoping for, but more importantly the neck feels great.

Aesthetics aside: it's a CU24 with DGT pickups, stainless steel frets, and Pattern neck.

RzNYwCS.jpg

tZsvuOX.jpg

TdXDPOe.jpg

RWpH9Ef.jpg

kdWTADT.jpg

WXcbSpZ.jpg

VAR6Opa.jpg

k90XYVt.jpg

(Trem backplate is running a quick errand back to the mothership).

Silvertree

I love the smell of a PRS case in the morning.
I saw this when Brian's posted it. I am in love with that neck finish. I am thinking about sending my PS to the PTC for a finish makeover.

docteurseb

I saw this when Brian's posted it. I am in love with that neck finish. I am thinking about sending my PS to the PTC for a finish makeover.
Have they started accepting non-warranty work again ? They had paused refinishes and other things since 2020.

Silvertree

I love the smell of a PRS case in the morning.
Have they started accepting non-warranty work again ? They had paused refinishes and other things since 2020.
No idea. If they aren't accepting I can always try Elderly. They are only a little ways away and they do good work.

docteurseb

Wow, that is absolutely wild! How do the DGT pickups sound in it?
Very single coil-ish indeed for positions #4 (neck single + bridge single in parallel), and even #2 (Bridge HB + Neck single).
However the default wiring isn't optimal for DGTs to shine:
- no added resistor for each pickup when split --> large volume drop.
- no access to just the neck or bridge PUs split.

This was known and expected.
There was a long hesitation when spec'ing it as I couldn't decide which wiring/control layout to use. I went for the default 5-way for its simpler ergonomics knowing it'd give me a bit of flexibility later on to modify the wiring and add resistors or even a push pull tone.

WA Paul

All dogs go to heaven
Pattern neck carve on a C24? So much win! What color glow finish is that? Looks terrific with the inlay.

docteurseb

Pattern neck carve on a C24? So much win! What color glow finish is that? Looks terrific with the inlay.
Ice Blue Glow w/ Ice Blue smoked burst.
In practice that's a very similar grey-ish/cold shade of blue as Iceberg Fade/Glow but without ever going all the way to natural wood at the center.

Last edited: