Prince Dead at 57

It kind of grinds my gears that the media thinks an icon's personal life and health need to be public knowledge. I would be fine remembering Prince for what he gave us in his music, not what his cause of death was.

The one thing that I hope comes of this, is that there is more recognition of the issue of prescription pain killer addiction and abuse. I don't like that people are going to remember Prince as a rock and roll drug addict (which the media is maybe not saying outright but they are leaving the door open to come to that conclusion), when that is likely not the case at all. Many good people become addicted to opioid pain killers that are prescribed with the best intentions by a doctor. They're strong drugs and the risk of addiction has been poorly communicated to prescribers and patients. Opioid addiction can affect anyone, from any social class, people who are trying to get real help with pain, not looking for a "high."

I'm glad Prince reached out for help. So sad that he slipped through their fingers like sand at the very end.
Well if it causes one person to quit heroin to find out someone as great as Prince isn't immune, I don't really have a problem with it. Heroin overdoses have been in the news a lot lately, around here, and that makes me sad, too. If it raises awareness, then I'd even go so far as to say, I'm all for it.

I still think he was great. The two pieces of information (how he lived, and how he died) are not mutually exclusive in my mind.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the media will sensational any subject to get a sell, they see it as part of their job.
You don't need to know jack to criticize ,but the majority and especially people like ourselves will remember and appreciate
Prince for the talent he was.

Unfortunately the media will sensational any subject to get a sell, they see it as part of their job.

I'm waiting for the "Prince Still Dead" headline.

Still, if the media can't sell media, then there's no media.

It's good to get news, so I'll forgive them.

Last edited:
Back