Prince Dead at 57

For me, it's still hard for me to grasp that Prince is gone. From, about, my grade school days to the present, Prince's music has been a part of my life. I credit Prince and The Time's Jesse Johnson as the two men that had me dreaming about (and eventually) playing guitar!!! It will be a while before the shock of Prince's passing goes away, but thank God that his contribution to the musical world will never go away!!!

I remember as a teenager,being part of the heavy metal crowd,it was a big no-no to dig Prince.I had to buy the album Around the world in a day without telling my friends.He and his music was considered gay!That album in particular but also lots of other music of his is a big inspiration for me.Very sad news!

Did anyone catch the SNL special on Prince from yesternight?
The later videos they showed had Dona playing with him on what looked like a Core Mira.

Seriously bummed about this. I kinda felt like I need to come back here today for the funeral, so to speak. Like so many of us I've been listening to him a bunch these past few days... Damn, what a talent.

Cool stories and definitely a week of reflection and fond memories. Also, it makes me really miss my best friend who passed away while I was in the Army preparing for desert storm. I couldn't even make his funeral. I was in training and received a letter from my Mom with the news. I was devastated. I've never had another friend like him. Anyway, so many great stories and videos. Prince sure was a master performer and made it all look so easy. He could hit those high notes, low notes and throw in some awesome guitar licks in the middle. They say he has a backlog of 600+ unreleased songs.

Cool stories and definitely a week of reflection and fond memories. Also, it makes me really miss my best friend who passed away while I was in the Army preparing for desert storm. I couldn't even make his funeral. I was in training and received a letter from my Mom with the news. I was devastated. I've never had another friend like him. Anyway, so many great stories and videos. Prince sure was a master performer and made it all look so easy. He could hit those high notes, low notes and throw in some awesome guitar licks in the middle. They say he has a backlog of 600+ unreleased songs.
Sorry for your loss. And, thank you for your service.

more
EDIT: Sorry, don't know why there was so much repetition in that video, this is the video without repetition:

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss. And, thank you for your service.
Thanks! I appreciate that. I used to think that we would have backyard barbeques with the wives, go fishing, have the kids play together, and all those kinds of things older guys would do together. But, it just didn't work out that way. He had a heart condition and at 22 his heart couldn't go on anymore. I am thankful for the time I did have with my brother!!

I just read an article on DRUDGE. They said he had AIDS. He was in a lot of pain, so he was taking a lot of opiates. they also said, he did not want the standard treatment for aids. he felt PRAYER and FAITH in GOD would save him.

It kind of grinds my gears that the media thinks an icon's personal life and health need to be public knowledge. I would be fine remembering Prince for what he gave us in his music, not what his cause of death was.

The one thing that I hope comes of this, is that there is more recognition of the issue of prescription pain killer addiction and abuse. I don't like that people are going to remember Prince as a rock and roll drug addict (which the media is maybe not saying outright but they are leaving the door open to come to that conclusion), when that is likely not the case at all. Many good people become addicted to opioid pain killers that are prescribed with the best intentions by a doctor. They're strong drugs and the risk of addiction has been poorly communicated to prescribers and patients. Opioid addiction can affect anyone, from any social class, people who are trying to get real help with pain, not looking for a "high."

I'm glad Prince reached out for help. So sad that he slipped through their fingers like sand at the very end.

It kind of grinds my gears that the media thinks an icon's personal life and health need to be public knowledge. I would be fine remembering Prince for what he gave us in his music, not what his cause of death was.

The one thing that I hope comes of this, is that there is more recognition of the issue of prescription pain killer addiction and abuse. I don't like that people are going to remember Prince as a rock and roll drug addict (which the media is maybe not saying outright but they are leaving the door open to come to that conclusion), when that is likely not the case at all. Many good people become addicted to opioid pain killers that are prescribed with the best intentions by a doctor. They're strong drugs and the risk of addiction has been poorly communicated to prescribers and patients. Opioid addiction can affect anyone, from any social class, people who are trying to get real help with pain, not looking for a "high."

I'm glad Prince reached out for help. So sad that he slipped through their fingers like sand at the very end.
Well said. I stand beside you on this!

Back