titansfan4196

Hello,

Any idea what the price would be if I wanted to have this private stock made?..

Custom 24
Mahogany body
10-top
Maple neck (satin finish!)
Rosewood fretboard
Dark blue finish

Basically an artist package because I can't find one anywhere, I've been searching for months...

PS tops are way past 10. Overall they are pretty pricy. Just check online for what they tend to sell for. Note that the price is not so much for the extra work as it is for going off-menu.

I imagine it would at the least be more than a wood library guitar.

If you are really interested, I would contact one of the many dealers who frequent this forum.

For starters, way more than an artist package.

Have you considered buying exactly what you want sans satin finish, and then having the neck refinished in satin?

Kevin

PS tops are way past 10. Overall they are pretty pricy. Just check online for what they tend to sell for. Note that the price is not so much for the extra work as it is for going off-menu.

I imagine it would at the least be more than a wood library guitar.
Private Stock is not simply a level of top. In fact, the PS tops are often not much nicer than AP or WL.
And it really isn't just a price for going off menu. They are built on a different line with an exquisite level of fit and finish.

Kevin

Hello,

Custom 24
Mahogany body
10-top
Rosewood fretboard
Dark blue finish

Basically an artist package because I can't find one anywhere, I've been searching for months...
Just contact a dealer to special order an Artist Package Custom 24 with the specs you want. If you live in the USA, you can get a BRW fretboard. Artist Package is better than 10-top. The only potential issues I see are a satin finish maple neck rather than stained and getting a rosewood fretboard if you don't line in the USA. There are a lot of blue color options available for Artist Package guitars. You can see Artist Package prices for the USA online here http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/prs_2018_prices.pdf. It will be a LOT cheaper than a private stock.

Also, in my limited experience, my unstained maple necks feel like satin even though I don't know whether they're technically "satin".

Have you thought about a CE 24 instead?

Last edited:
I would have thought its hardly worth getting a satin neck unless you weren't planning on playing the guitar. I've got satin necks on my 53/10 ltd and Taylor acoustic. Within a month or two of playing they had worn to a gloss finish

I would have thought its hardly worth getting a satin neck unless you weren't planning on playing the guitar. I've got satin necks on my 53/10 ltd and Taylor acoustic. Within a month or two of playing they had worn to a gloss finish

I don't think the satin in maple necks go that route, do they?

Just so you have a price reference. Private stocks are in the 10k USD range and artist guitars are less than half that.

As others have said, you’re better off ordering an artist or modifying a gloss neck custom 24.

I'd be surprised if you can't find those specs available for purchase from dealer inventory somewhere. If you can't, contact a dealer and see if they can get something going for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Custom 24
Mahogany body
10-top
Rosewood fretboard
Dark blue finish

I sent you a PM

Your best bet is to contact one of the many authorized dealers that frequent the forum directly. While Shawn and other PRS employees may occasionally post pricing, we, and even the authorized dealers, cannot.

PRS has pretty a large backorder right now. If you're looking for a specific guitar, color or option, I'd recommend placing an order with your dealer. Because of the backorder, available guitars get snatched up pretty quickly, so waiting around for something to pop up could be frustrating.

Back