Preview Of Coming Attractions

Semi-hollow with 12 pickup combinations and ebony fretboard? OK, I’m in.

Coming soon to a studio near me.

Yeah, it's blue and purple. There are worse things!

IaTodNX.jpg
That'll work, it's freakin' gorgeous!

As somebody who owns the only other guitar with this color that I've ever seen, I heartily support this purchase.

And yours is super-nice to look at! The finish on these is almost iridescent, which is a cool thing IMHO.

I've been looking for something semi-hollow with these specs for a long time, so I'd probably have bought it regardless of the color scheme. Still, it's awfully nice when you get what you want, AND have it be good looking! :)

Killer!! Have you tried an MEV? I don't do pro sessions like you, but...man, that guitar gives almost everything I need (no acoustic sounds, lol).

I have something pretty similar - solid body, Paul’s pickups, and a Narrowfield in the middle instead of the single coil you have in the ME V.

It doesn’t have as many switching options, but it’s close in concept, though the neck on mine is 594 scale instead of 25”.

Easily the prettiest-sounding solid body guitar I own! The tones are lush and artculate.

PS - the similarity in color scheme to the Special is pure coincidence. Jack only had one of the Specials in stock, it spec’d right for me, and that was that.

ptKq9zh.jpg

I have something pretty similar - solid body, Paul’s pickups, and a Narrowfield in the middle instead of the single coil you have in the ME V.

It doesn’t have as many switching options, but it’s close in concept, though the neck on mine is 594 scale instead of 25”.

Easily the prettiest-sounding solid body guitar I own! The tones are lush and artculate.

PS - the similarity in color scheme to the Special is pure coincidence. Jack only had one of the Specials in stock, it spec’d right for me, and that was that.

ptKq9zh.jpg

Sweet. That guitar is beautiful. Didnt know it had a 594 scale. Extra awesome!

Sweet. That guitar is beautiful. Didnt know it had a 594 scale. Extra awesome!

If your ME V is anything like the PS20, it's gotta be a fantastic guitar in terms of its base tone, and then you have all the added switching options.

I'll bet you love it!

The other thing this PS run has is a slightly thicker amount of mahogany, and a slightly thinner amount of maple. Also a Madagascar RW fretboard, which might or might not be a big deal. But I love the result of the whole package.

There are also the locking saddles on this version of the Gen III trem.

If your ME V is anything like the PS20, it's gotta be a fantastic guitar in terms of its base tone, and then you have all the added switching options.

I'll bet you love it!

The other thing this PS run has is a slightly thicker amount of mahogany, and a slightly thinner amount of maple. Also a Madagascar RW fretboard, which might or might not be a big deal. But I love the result of the whole package.

There are also the locking saddles on this version of the Gen III trem.

Killer. Happy to hear more about the PS20. Sounds like a tone monster.

The base tone of the MEV is very clear and balanced. I use class A amps (when not using the Helix) and I get amazing chime and dynamics. I have never been so happy with an instrument in my life.

Killer. Happy to hear more about the PS20. Sounds like a tone monster.

The base tone of the MEV is very clear and balanced. I use class A amps (when not using the Helix) and I get amazing chime and dynamics. I have never been so happy with an instrument in my life.

Here's a clip I did with the PS20 and the HXDA a while back. There's some delay from the H9, and modulation from a Suhr Alexa. But lots of chime, IMHO.

https://soundcloud.com/lschefman/pedaland-4

He's just need-ling me about my rants from years ago about collectors not needing what they buy, but I don't feel too guilty. :p

I have five electrics on hand at the moment, this will make six. They've paid their own way via session and re-use fees.
And mine was needling as well. After all, he is 11 top, not 9.5 top!

ptKq9zh.jpg

I immediately thought of this guitar when I saw the new one. Still a drool-worthy beast, for sure.

Back