Pretty poorly attempted knockoff being passed off as authentic

Luminandy

It is on Ebay, but, I know we are not allowed to post any fs links. If you search Paul.Reed Smith, 6 string, right handed, faded blue, it should come up. Price is low for a cu, but way high.for a fake. Headstock, tuners, serial, are all way off, and that is just the beginning. I am no expert, so.I would appreciate.anyone else confirming this. It is one of those pawn businesses.

Wow that's a really bad fake. Comes with a Road Runner case and everything lol. What a great deal! ;)

Yep fake. But it is being sold by a pawn shop, who probably didn't know any better. Or if they do know better, shame on them...

Update: Chris must have gotten his attention... :)

"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

Looks like they've taking down the listing. Good work, guys!

Edit:
Ruger beat me to it!

Last edited:
I sent them a message too. I should see if I can figure out which store it's in. All of them are within a half hour of here.

My guess would be they knew it was a knockoff. Even to an untrained eye, the differences are obvious, and the headstock shape is the same as the kit necks from china. No doubt somebody upgraded the tuners, pickups, and electronics. I see many copies listed as such, and sold without a problem. It just seems a bit illegal, because they all still have the registered trademark.

Oh at that price they knew. Highest priced pawn shop on the planet.

I ran into a fake available online.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Paul...itar-white/1025799482.html?spm=0.0.0.0.E643e4

images

Back