Preferred Genre of Music?

Genre of Music?

• Total voters
There are so many genres and sub-genres, I can't imagine trying to list ever single one.

EG: Fusion and Prog aren't on the list!

Missing a few....Bluegrass, Country, Progressive, Fusion, Classical, Neo Classical....

I'm a prog guy.

Alternative Rock, Prog, and Jam Bands are my major listening styles, none of which are in the poll.

I was always known as a rockabilly player. When I went Pro, I had to play everything, in order to make a living. Blues and Metal players, pretty much played for free. I always got the work, playing live and in studio for Nashville recording artists. Few players could play anything but minor pentatonic scale. As it turned out, I had a lot of fun playing country, however I was doing larger shows, not bar gigs. I made the most money teaching and working as a Music Director at a church. So, I also played a lot of praise and gospel music.

Alternative Rock, Prog, and Jam Bands are my major listening styles, none of which are in the poll.

My apologies...the poll list was limited to 10 choices. I'd hoped 'other' would satisfy the alt/fusion/prog/classical/reggae/emo//neo-classical/country/alt-country/modern players...

I consider myself a rock player. But I acknowledge all the genres that entails. Country, R&B, Blues, Rockabilly, even Metal.

I draw the line at dJunct

Several years ago, I think it was called emo. Now it's djent. Keeping up with the latest trends isn't my style either. Except for listening to guys like Plini. Not a lotta groove or soul there, but the guy can sure play...

I voted for everything because there are examples I can point to in each of the listed genres that I enjoy! But on a dessert island, give me complete Zappa and Prince collections, and bases will be covered for the rest of my days!!! Of course, part of that is because each of those artists produced in several genres, so they cover a lot of ground between them ;~))

Happy spinnin'!
MW

I picked Blues, Classic, Heavy and Metal. I never liked the genre labels though as long as its good music that's what works for me, I actually rename all of my genres on iTunes as music so nothing has a specific label.

My favorite genre is cloud rap. I really love this genre because it becomes very cool to train with this type of music. I'm an athlete, I do calisthenics, and I go to the gym, and cloud rap is always on my playlist. It gives energy and fire in the eyes. My favorite artists are Suсideboys and ghostmaine. I really love this genre of music also because it is very cool to sing at various parties in nightclubs. I was at the club 강남셔츠룸 yesterday and my playlist was one of the hottest according to the audience. The only drawback of such music is its monotony. You listen to something like twenty soundtracks, and it feels like there were no more than five of them.

Last edited:
Back