Preamp Issue

Discussion in 'PTC - PRS Tech Center' started by kranch25, Feb 2, 2015.

1. kranch25

kranch25 New Member

New to the site, and new to the PRS a/e world. I bought a PRS Angelllus SE Standard about a month ago. Love the way it sounds and plays. Played two gigs with it plugged in, and it was awesome. I noticed the next day, the battery was dead. I put a new one in. No dice. Bought a couple of new batteries, and tried those. Same thing. Put battery in and hit the tuner button, and I get the red battery light, then just a blinking red light. No tuner, nothing when plugged in. Talked to the folks at Guitar Center where I bought it, and they said to bring it in. Figured I would post here and see if anyone had any tips or advice before I made the two hour drive to St Louis to let them check it out.

2. Boogie

Boogie SuperD

Give customer support a call/email at PRS. This is precisely what it's for.

There's nothing worse than a disappointing mishap with a cool new toy. Sorry to hear it, but I'm sure it will get resolved quickly. Enjoy the Angeles, and welcome!

3. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Boogie tells truth.

4. kranch25

kranch25 New Member

Contacted PRS and was told to contact dealer, and if I had any issues to let them know. Got in touch with Guitar Center and was told to bring it in. Dude told me, worst case, they swap it out for a new one. Will see how this goes Saturday.

5. CoreyT

CoreyT PRS Addiction

I sure as hell hope this is not a problem with many of them, as mine is due in soon.
    It has been in setup for close to a month now.

Hope you get yours resolved quickly.