Pots & Switches for SE Semi Hollow

Jakash

I just got a se semi hollow with no electronics in it and am going to be putting in seymour duncan '59s, Seth Lovers or Phat Cats (or some combo of the those).

Anyway, I wanted to make sure I order the right pots and switches so far I'm looking at CTS 500k short split shaft pots and a Switchcraft Short Straight toggle switch. My main concern is that they are the proper length and will fit right. Also, what spec input jack do I need?

Thanks in advance for any advice I've changed PUPs before but never replaced the entire rig.

I just got a se semi hollow with no electronics in it and am going to be putting in seymour duncan '59s, Seth Lovers or Phat Cats (or some combo of the those).

Anyway, I wanted to make sure I order the right pots and switches so far I'm looking at CTS 500k short split shaft pots and a Switchcraft Short Straight toggle switch. My main concern is that they are the proper length and will fit right. Also, what spec input jack do I need?

Thanks in advance for any advice I've changed PUPs before but never replaced the entire rig.

Those are the correct shaft length but they will require you to ream the mounting holes out to 3/8". I imagine the USA prs harnesses will be the exact same situation. You could get the se alpha pots but you'll be much happier with the full size cts most likely. You can get a reamer from some place like home depot. Go slow and test fit as you go.

Those are the correct shaft length but they will require you to ream the mounting holes out to 3/8". I imagine the USA prs harnesses will be the exact same situation. You could get the se alpha pots but you'll be much happier with the full size cts most likely. You can get a reamer from some place like home depot. Go slow and test fit as you go.

Thanks for the reply I want ahead and ordered the cts pots.

The guitar had emg solderless pots when I got it and the emg site says they are standard strat size. Does that mean they are the same size as the cts pots?

Sorry for the rookie questions. In the past I've used whatever pots the guitar had. This is the most extensive wiring I've ever done.

Thanks for the reply I want ahead and ordered the cts pots.

The guitar had emg solderless pots when I got it and the emg site says they are standard strat size. Does that mean they are the same size as the cts pots?

Sorry for the rookie questions. In the past I've used whatever pots the guitar had. This is the most extensive wiring I've ever done.

No clue on that one.

Back