Potential NGD

Drew

Someone overseas posted a 2007 CE 24 goldtop on reverb. Claimed to have been bought in bulk from a defuct music shop. Guitar looks brand new. Seller claims its in brand new condition. An original CE has been on my shopping list for some time. Just haven't found the right one. Could this be it??? We'll see if I run into cites and customs issues! Hoping for the best!

Someone overseas posted a 2007 CE 24 goldtop on reverb. Claimed to have been bought in bulk from a defuct music shop. Guitar looks brand new. Seller claims its in brand new condition. An original CE has been on my shopping list for some time. Just haven't found the right one. Could this be it??? We'll see if I run into cites and customs issues! Hoping for the best!
Very cool! I say go for it. You may never have this type of opportunity again.

Kevin

Nice score! Eagerly awaiting how the shipping/CITES works out! Hope it isn't much of a hassle!

Nice score! Eagerly awaiting how the shipping/CITES works out! Hope it isn't much of a hassle!

These guys generally know better not to disclose rosewood, but its a guitar that was made here and being returned here. So, I'd have to think I'd be in the clear on that.

These guys generally know better not to disclose rosewood, but its a guitar that was made here and being returned here. So, I'd have to think I'd be in the clear on that.
Regarding Duty, yes. When I bought a PRS guitar from the UK, I told them to specifically write on the shipping documentation that it was a guitar originally built in the USA and being returned to the USA, for customs purposes. Unfortunately, they did not do this. I had to pay the delivery driver for the Duty at the time of delivery. I immediately called Customs and explained the error. I was actually refunded the Duty rather quickly.

Kevin

Sweet! Same dealer! Now ya know...shoulda got both!:p

It IS tempting. But, then there is the cost of sending BOTH of them to the PTC as I'd want to do away with the rotary and convert to McCarty switching. One is enough.

Do you think yours is solid mahogany?

I'm pretty sure it probably is, given the back is gold too. I'll have to check with PRS when I get it. The body construction is inconsequential to me. Although, I would have preferred a maple topped one with natural binding. But, beggars cant be choosers and NOS CEs are VERY rare. Both the maple topped and hog CEs sound great and I've already had a hog CE in my possession. I won't foolishly sell this one like I did that one. Lesson learned.

It's in Memphis with scheduled delivery here in FL by the end of the day tomorrow. Malaysia to Florida in 5 days. Fedex is amazing. The seller taking 8 days to ship.....not so amazing.

It IS tempting. But, then there is the cost of sending BOTH of them to the PTC as I'd want to do away with the rotary and convert to McCarty switching. One is enough.

For me personally, i dont understand why people drop the 5 way on the CE. Surely its part of the original inception and design, giving more flexibility in tonal differences. Different strokes and all that but like putting a three way on a strat.

For me personally, i dont understand why people drop the 5 way on the CE. Surely its part of the original inception and design, giving more flexibility in tonal differences. Different strokes and all that but like putting a three way on a strat.

I'm going to keep it original with exception of maybe the pickups.

Back