Potential Acquisition

G-Man

So I found a CE22 for sale that matches my CE 24 almost exactly. My only question is that the pickups have bene replaced with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's. I'm so new into the hum bucker arena that I don't know if this is a help or a hurt. Any suggestions? IF I buy it, I also want to buy some covers for the pickups to bring it back to period correct. Any problems? Thanks guys!!!

I had those pups in a Hamer Superpro. Like them a lot as a "PAF" type..

+1 They are a PAF type,, PAF's vary.. a lot. I wound up being more happy with Alnico V magnets, but still have a set of wolftone Dr. vinatge (these are really great pickups). If you can turn it up really loud, that is where they shine IMHO, they have a softer squishier mid range tone that reaches the right amount of attack/crispness when cranked. For lower volume cleaner playing, I would not pick pros, (sound dark and muddy to me) unless I had a super bright and punchy guitar. as always YMMV.

Last edited:
Here's my take, if you're happy with the guitar, buy it. The pick ups are any easy swap if you don't care for them. Regardless if they are original or aftermarket. It would be cool if the original owner included the original p/u's though.

Here's my take, if you're happy with the guitar, buy it. The pick ups are any easy swap if you don't care for them. Regardless if they are original or aftermarket. It would be cool if the original owner included the original p/u's though.

+1

I would buy it for sure. Pickup swap and you're in business!

Back