Posting Images with Imgur & Your Computer

When one in three new users (this is of course an estimate, but I see multiple new users each week with this issue) are having trouble posting pix, there is obviously a problem. That is why @sergiodeblanc , @CandidPicker, @]-[@n$0Ma☩!© and myself have all posted threads about this issue. We must accept that all who use this forum may not have the skills or understanding to jump through the hoops necessary here to post their pix. How long do you think John McLaughlin would last here if he had to jump through these hoops to post a pic of his double neck PRS guitar? Point is, it is definitely an issue, and there are several members (self and @CandidPicker included) who are ready to assist. Anyone out there who needs help, like @CandidPicker said, hit us up. Apparently both he and I are willing to help resolve this issue for users rather than wallow in the misery of poor UI design. The post I did on this topic is available here ( https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/sharing-pictures-on-prs-forum.47818/ ) and it lists the other posts (this one included) I am aware of on this topic in an attempt to create a single reference point for the different options of participating with the image shares on this forum. I also attempted to explain the where, what and why of this issue. If anyone knows of any posts on this topic I have missed, please let me know so I can add to the list.

Let's all play nice and accept the forum for what it is! Nothing/nobody is perfect!! Now go play a guitar!!!

When one in three new users (this is of course an estimate, but I see multiple new users each week with this issue) are having trouble posting pix, there is obviously a problem. That is why @sergiodeblanc , @CandidPicker, @]-[@n$0Ma☩!© and myself have all posted threads about this issue. We must accept that all who use this forum may not have the skills or understanding to jump through the hoops necessary here to post their pix. How long do you think John McLaughlin would last here if he had to jump through these hoops to post a pic of his double neck PRS guitar? Point is, it is definitely an issue, and there are several members (self and @CandidPicker included) who are ready to assist. Anyone out there who needs help, like @CandidPicker said, hit us up. Apparently both he and I are willing to help resolve this issue for users rather than wallow in the misery of poor UI design. The post I did on this topic is available here ( https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/sharing-pictures-on-prs-forum.47818/ ) and it lists the other posts (this one included) I am aware of on this topic in an attempt to create a single reference point for the different options of participating with the image shares on this forum. I also attempted to explain the where, what and why of this issue. If anyone knows of any posts on this topic I have missed, please let me know so I can add to the list.

Let's all play nice and accept the forum for what it is! Nothing/nobody is perfect!! Now go play a guitar!!!

Thanks for vouching for us, MDW.

I think there are a lot of folks who are dissuaded when help is offered, and rightfully so. I wouldn't want someone just walk in off the street and try to tell me how to parent my kids (I've tried that previously and felt the sting of angry bees at least once. Stirring up a bee's nest was the least of my intention, and I've since learned).

The offer still stands. If it's possible to describe your computer issue and at what stage you're experiencing difficulty with Imgur, if not myself, there are others who can step up and help solve your issue.

We're a comparatively peaceful fun-loving group here, but don't underestimate the power of a collective mind that has adapted to the many quirks that are this forum's software. The forum's software has a couple issues we've learned to work with, and no, it doesn't look like any software upgrades will be implemented that will fix these quirks anytime soon.

So, if we can help answer some of your questions regards gear, or help solve a repair issue, or even help you post images, that's what we're best known for. Yeah, you may need to wade through the extra misinformation, opinion, and general nonsense.

Perhaps that what most forums do, except on other forums sometimes you might encounter roving groups of wild animals who would rip you to pieces rather than bandage a wound. I think that's where this forum treats people the way they wish to be treated, but if one can't get along with a group of peaceful fun-loving adults, there's always the other forums of roving wild animals...

Let's try this again...

WCCNBdE.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
9DJge2Q.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
8ZOw0A0.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
dzC8W5m.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
0QxhP8p.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
9htlAzG.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
FsKA1ZO.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
ayOqD44.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
kQtPV47.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I guess it sort of does. I'm not seeing the entire photo though...
When I click the link, the google app tells me it needs full access to my photos. That’s when I tell the google app NFW…. Basically, I don’t see the photo because I am not willing to grant google access to my photos.

When I click the link, the google app tells me it needs full access to my photos. That’s when I tell the google app NFW…. Basically, I don’t see the photo because I am not willing to grant google access to my photos.
Nice. "I'll show you mine if you show me yours"????? Darn Gargle.

Last edited:
It's very hard to imagine why a person can't simply upload a photo here. I guess maybe "back in the day" when storage was more expensive but it makes no sense to me now.

It's very hard to imagine why a person can't simply upload a photo here. I guess maybe "back in the day" when storage was more expensive but it makes no sense to me now.
Liability, monitoring content, hidden viruses and other malicious elements that may get through in uploads. I don't like it either, but it is what it is ;~(( The long and short is, the remote hosting service must be https (not http) and the image path must end in the image extension (like .jpg or .png or .gif). Here is a link that has other methods and threads for getting your images up:

https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/sharing-pictures-on-prs-forum.47818/

Some images won't be saved by Imgur. They'll be rejected. Photos from Reverb or eBay or ??? will be rejected and not uploaded by Imgur

BUT, if you post that rejected photo on your Facebook profile first, and then copy it and save it, that second photo will upload to Imgur.

You only have to post the photo on Facebook for a minute. Just long enough to copy it and save it. Then you can delete it from facebook.

Some images won't be saved by Imgur. They'll be rejected. Photos from Reverb or eBay or ??? will be rejected and not uploaded by Imgur

BUT, if you post that rejected photo on your Facebook profile first, and then copy it and save it, that second photo will upload to Imgur.

You only have to post the photo on Facebook for a minute. Just long enough to copy it and save it. Then you can delete it from facebook.
That is interesting! I would guess it is related to removal/addition of meta information and/or change in file format specs!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Back