Post your RARE PRS stuff!

My list would include:

1985’s
10th Anniversary
PS 10th Anniversary
Rosewood Limited
Dragon I, II, III

My former CU22 Standard Studio w/birds - never seen another like it. Never seen another early 22 Studio.
I can't really argue with what's on your list. To my way of thinking however many '85s they made was a lot more than a 'rare' number, but...they're usually really nice guitars!

On the other hand, a lot of it is about the year instead of the guitar, which is my only head-scratcher.

full

My rare pieces are a discontinued guitar model and the appropriate PRS apparel consisting of the 513 baseball cap, two 513 t-shirts. The right guitar lost its PCB on order of Paul himself in 2014. I put it behind the glass next to the signed back plates by Greg Koch and Paul.
These guitars are stunners. Truly.

PRS guitars I'd like to see make an appearance in this thread:
- Banana Yellow (pre) standard
- Silver (pre) standard
- Chesapeake (any model from the brand)
- BRW-neck McCarty with P90's
- DC22 with birds
- Silver Sky Prototype
- 80's Signature bass
- Any Archtop 'Artist'
- Artist 4
- Archtop 4
- Mira with tortoise shell pickguard and old birds
- Archtop with one pickup (in the neck position)
- Starla with East Indian Rosewood neck
- 80's standard with one pickup (in the treble position)
- Any year/model painted by Bud Davis
- Limited Edition with tremolo
- Rosewood Limited with tremolo
- Santana with single coils
- Anything pre-factory
- McCarty 2 with birds
- Clint Lowery SE
What year is the demarcation between pre- and post-factory? I may have something...

Well, it depends...does pre-factory refer to before the larger factory in 1996 or prior to any mass production at all?

If so, then damn, I got an absolute steal from someone who sold it for someone who didn't know what they had...

full

My rare pieces are a discontinued guitar model and the appropriate PRS apparel consisting of the 513 baseball cap, two 513 t-shirts. The right guitar lost its PCB on order of Paul himself in 2014. I put it behind the glass next to the signed back plates by Greg Koch and Paul.
Where can I find a floor mat like that???

Phenomenal guitars! The 513 has been on my radar for a while. I'm not a pickup swapper and the proprietary pickup aspect never bothered me.

full

Speaking of 513s, while there may be others, I haven’t seen another 513 BRW neck in natural.

I wouldn’t consider these to be rare, but they are uncommon.

One off Collection grade woods - ordered by Jim at Guitar Resurrection when the Collection Series first came out. Basically, select original dealers were allowed to spec their own 1-off Collection grade guitar as a thank you from PRS for selling the Collection Series. At least that is how it was explained to me. Paul signed the case when I brought it to a local event at my dealer several years ago.

77193-B05-DBEC-4433-9601-C4-FA71-E47133.jpg

20736-F1-D-70-FE-4497-AA8-F-2-D19108-D5193.jpg

Not sure how many Pernie neck guitars have a piezo.

I might have posted this before, LOL
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
Two absolutely gorgeous guitars! I have seen the blue before but I never get tired of seeing it.

I don’t think it’s particularly rare. But I do have a McCarty soapbar with an irw neck. Whatever its status. I love it. I also have an artist package sc594 soapbar with a irw neck. Maybe even less rare. But also sooooo good.

Well, it depends...does pre-factory refer to before the larger factory in 1996 or prior to any mass production at all?

If so, then damn, I got an absolute steal from someone who sold it for someone who didn't know what they had...
Here we consider pre factory to be before serialized 1985 production.
We encourage others to feel the same.

Found on the top shelf in the vault. Paul said they had gotten two of them about 10 years earlier. There have been more since - because it turned out so awesome on my guitar.
CK_06PBrentCocoboloNeck.JPG
Brent Moss on the left….someone on another forum contacted me yesterday reminiscing about The Guitar Shop when Brent was the owner. I sold him a guitar 7-8 years ago and then like Keyser Soze….poof….gone… : - )

Back